* Re: Trace to console
       [not found] <CAL1ZhONFm1+bXP_j4X=kUKnsQFaqTqdVTY-Cc_uY4Ni-Ok-LiQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-04-22  0:27 ` Jérémie Galarneau
       [not found] ` <CA+jJMxvroXRJuEtHgdJiCP7Y4HWK32RqNSyk6+ubqeQ3xH7i9A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jérémie Galarneau @ 2015-04-22  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chidhu R; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Chidhu,

LTTng does not support selective output of tracepoints to the console.
The closest thing I can recommend is using the "live" mode locally.

Jérémie

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Chidhu R <chid1989@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking for a way to trace to console rather than save to disk /
> stream. I read about lttng tracef feature. But it does not include the wide
> range of benefits brought by tracepoints. So what I want is to use the
> tracepoints and trace to console instead. For example, if there are 5
> tracepoint events, I want to trace 3 of them to console and let the other go
> the disk or whatever. How to achieve this.
>
> Thanks
> Chid

Jérémie Galarneau
EfficiOS Inc.
http://www.efficios.com

* Re: Trace to console
       [not found] ` <CA+jJMxvroXRJuEtHgdJiCP7Y4HWK32RqNSyk6+ubqeQ3xH7i9A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-04-23 18:14   ` Chidhu R
       [not found]   ` <CAL1ZhOO=w0rCAcEf5StxWe1tk95Vy-L9WVwxjbSxQXKO7L0BEw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Chidhu R @ 2015-04-23 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérémie Galarneau; +Cc: lttng-dev

Thanks Jeremie.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Jérémie Galarneau <
jeremie.galarneau@efficios.com> wrote:

> Hi Chidhu,
>
> LTTng does not support selective output of tracepoints to the console.
> The closest thing I can recommend is using the "live" mode locally.
>
> Jérémie
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Chidhu R <chid1989@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was looking for a way to trace to console rather than save to disk /
> > stream. I read about lttng tracef feature. But it does not include the
> wide
> > range of benefits brought by tracepoints. So what I want is to use the
> > tracepoints and trace to console instead. For example, if there are 5
> > tracepoint events, I want to trace 3 of them to console and let the
> other go
> > the disk or whatever. How to achieve this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chid

> Jérémie Galarneau
> EfficiOS Inc.
> http://www.efficios.com

* Re: Trace to console
       [not found]   ` <CAL1ZhOO=w0rCAcEf5StxWe1tk95Vy-L9WVwxjbSxQXKO7L0BEw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-04-23 18:58     ` Chidhu R
       [not found]     ` <CAL1ZhOPtw4iPv0tiEtd4uMjt1sRFFdYSztNDGywD-kLDO-v-hg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Chidhu R @ 2015-04-23 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérémie Galarneau; +Cc: lttng-dev

Also, is there a way to redirect all tracepoints to console instead of
selective?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Chidhu R <chid1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jeremie.
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Jérémie Galarneau <
> jeremie.galarneau@efficios.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chidhu,
>>
>> LTTng does not support selective output of tracepoints to the console.
>> The closest thing I can recommend is using the "live" mode locally.
>>
>> Jérémie
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Chidhu R <chid1989@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I was looking for a way to trace to console rather than save to disk /
>> > stream. I read about lttng tracef feature. But it does not include the
>> wide
>> > range of benefits brought by tracepoints. So what I want is to use the
>> > tracepoints and trace to console instead. For example, if there are 5
>> > tracepoint events, I want to trace 3 of them to console and let the
>> other go
>> > the disk or whatever. How to achieve this.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Chid

>> --
>> Jérémie Galarneau
>> EfficiOS Inc.
>> http://www.efficios.com

* Re: Trace to console
       [not found]     ` <CAL1ZhOPtw4iPv0tiEtd4uMjt1sRFFdYSztNDGywD-kLDO-v-hg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-04-23 19:01       ` Chidhu R
From: Chidhu R @ 2015-04-23 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérémie Galarneau; +Cc: lttng-dev

Ok. I will try the live mode. Looks like it will solve the purpose.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Chidhu R <chid1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, is there a way to redirect all tracepoints to console instead of
> selective?
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Chidhu R <chid1989@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jeremie.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Jérémie Galarneau <
>> jeremie.galarneau@efficios.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chidhu,
>>>
>>> LTTng does not support selective output of tracepoints to the console.
>>> The closest thing I can recommend is using the "live" mode locally.
>>>
>>> Jérémie

>>> wide
>>> other go

>>> --