* btrfs trim erases bootloader area
@ 2016-01-07 19:11 Andrei Borzenkov
From: Andrei Borzenkov @ 2016-01-07 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GNU GRUB, linux-btrfs

As discussed on opensuse-factory list, running fstrim on btrfs erases
bootloader area, rendering system unbootable. See

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2016-01/msg00067.html
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2016-01/msg00090.html

and follow-ups that demonstrate that beginning of device gets zeroed out.

Not sure what we can do, but from GRUB side I can only see disabling
embedding support on btrfs entirely.