* A problem of cifs performance
@ 2013-07-27  1:57 周伟杰
       [not found] ` <CALBiAX=iEAff6q-zhtW_hxDVYGFMzPmr0QDVMztW6JevNi4CAw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: 周伟杰 @ 2013-07-27  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-cifs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Dear Sir:

  Situation:
  I create a share folder on windows 7,then I mount it via Linux.
  I copy a file from the folder to Linux,but the max read rate is
28MB/s and the write rate can be 110MB/s .
  I try to mount cifs by changing rsize ,but it can't be faster.
  I don't know why the read rate is unusual?

  Environment:
  1.RHEL 6.2:2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64
  2.CIFS version:1.68
  3.mount.cifs version:4.8.1

Sincerely

* Re: A problem of cifs performance
       [not found] ` <CALBiAX=iEAff6q-zhtW_hxDVYGFMzPmr0QDVMztW6JevNi4CAw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-07-27 10:31   ` Jeff Layton
       [not found]     ` <20130727063137.55590c81-9yPaYZwiELC+kQycOl6kW4xkIHaj4LzF@public.gmane.org>
From: Jeff Layton @ 2013-07-27 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 周伟杰; +Cc: linux-cifs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:57:46 +0800
周伟杰 <zhou.weijie-9ato6ouKlQJBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
>   Situation:
>   I create a share folder on windows 7,then I mount it via Linux.
>   I copy a file from the folder to Linux,but the max read rate is
> 28MB/s and the write rate can be 110MB/s .
>   I try to mount cifs by changing rsize ,but it can't be faster.
>   I don't know why the read rate is unusual?
>
>   Environment:
>   1.RHEL 6.2:2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64
>   2.CIFS version:1.68
>   3.mount.cifs version:4.8.1

That kernel has a patchset that adds some asynchronous write
capability, but does not yet have the patches that add asynchronous
(and larger) read capability. I know that Sachin has backported those
for RHEL6.5. When that kernel is released (another several months or
so?), read performance should substantially improve.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>

@ 2013-07-27 16:23       ` 周伟杰
From: 周伟杰 @ 2013-07-27 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)