* [libgpiod] Braswell GPIO newbie question
@ 2018-02-15 14:06 Michal Schorm
From: Michal Schorm @ 2018-02-15 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-gpio

Hello,

I got myself an UDOO development board with x86_64 processor, running
Fedora 27, and trying to work with GPIO.
Fedora don't use the 'sysfs' kernel module anymore, which makes it
nearly impossible to google *any* help.

However, I was able to finish a C code, that worked with GPIO with linux/gpio.h
https://github.com/FaramosCZ/UDOO/blob/gpio/gpio_3.c

It looks like it does the job, even 'libgpiod' tools confirm.

However one problem remains.
I have zero idea, which physical pin is referenced by which chip and
line in the system.

Here's the best reference for the board and Braswell GPIO pinout:
https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/Pinout_Braswell.html

Here's my call for help on the UDOO project forum:
https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/gpio-on-fedora-27.11288/

Since you are the author / maintainer of the new kernel gpio module,
I'm reaching to you for help.

Let's say, I just want to light up a LED on pins 36 & 37, one with
'0', other with '1' set. (Yeah, 1,8V not much for LED, but it could be
visible)
How can I do that?
What should I know? learn?

--

Michal Schorm
Associate Software Engineer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-02-15 14:06 UTC | newest]