* Re: Unrecognized decoder chip (not gm7113c)
       [not found] <CAA1g13mVO_buU8AeROBT3qSXsS2EQtAvHVHdEo5-RGMcRYC47A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-05-30 19:06 ` Ezequiel Garcia
       [not found]   ` <CAA1g13n2GknjeCZ2fJbXH1trz8aog01BqEB_JwqU8QX9bda2Cg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ezequiel Garcia @ 2013-05-30 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Horvath; +Cc: linux-media

Hi Greg,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Greg Horvath <horvath.105@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have ported the 3.2 version of driver to kernel version 3.0.8 running on
> an rk3066 (mk808) device.

That's cool.

> [13336.159017] stk1160: driver ver 0.9.5 successfully loaded
[...]

First of all, look here: you seem to have ported stk1160 successfully.
But...

> [15757.888105] easycap: module is from the staging directory, the quality is
> unknown, you have been warned.

Are you *also* running easycap?

Are both modules running at the same time?

If yes, then please blacklist the "easycap" driver as it's deprecated: stk1160
replaces it and you should not use both.

    Ezequiel

@ 2013-05-30 22:12     ` Ezequiel Garcia
From: Ezequiel Garcia @ 2013-05-30 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Horvath; +Cc: linux-media

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Greg Horvath <horvath.105@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not running them at the same time. There are two sets of dmesg output.
> One for the stk1160 driver and the other when I attempted to load easycap
> driver without loading stk1160.

Right. In that case you can forget about the "easycap" driver.
I can only help you getting your stuff working with stk1160.

Do you have any chance to upgrade your kernel to a v3.7+ ?

Keep in mind it's very unlikely that you'll get much support from the community
using such an ancient kernel, and with a driver that you backported yourself
(although I'll investigate this a bit).

--
    Ezequiel

* Re: Unrecognized decoder chip (not gm7113c)
@ 2013-05-31 15:23       ` Greg Horvath
From: Greg Horvath @ 2013-05-31 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ezequiel Garcia; +Cc: linux-media

I am not sure how much work it would take to upgrade this particular
kernel to 3.7+. The code for it came from
https://github.com/olegk0/rk3066-kernel but I think it differs
significantly from the main line structure and has several custom
drivers. I will try and get a 3.7 kernel running on an x86 machine and
see if I can get it to run though. Thanks for taking the time to
investigate.

@ 2013-05-31 15:27         ` Ezequiel Garcia
From: Ezequiel Garcia @ 2013-05-31 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Horvath; +Cc: linux-media

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Greg Horvath <horvath.105@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try and get a 3.7 kernel running on an x86 machine and
> see if I can get it to run though. Thanks for taking the time to
> investigate.

That sounds like a good plan! Please try with a v3.7+ kernel on x86
and report your findings.

--
    Ezequiel