* [Qemu-devel] Virtual Machine Extension Instructions In QEMU
@ 2012-09-05 17:00 Xin Tong
From: Xin Tong @ 2012-09-05 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I would like to know how well is the Intel VMX and AMD SVM supported in QEMU ?

Xin

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtual Machine Extension Instructions In QEMU
@ 2012-09-06  2:51 ` 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
From: 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen) @ 2012-09-06  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Tong; +Cc: qemu-devel, Alexander Graf

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:00:01AM -0700, Xin Tong wrote:
> I would like to know how well is the Intel VMX and AMD SVM supported in QEMU ?

  IIRC, AMD SVM has been supported in QEMU (but not complete). You can
check target-i386/translate.c, and this is mentioned in changelog [1].
Alex, can you confirm this? I am not sure how complete AMD SVM support
in QEMU. :)

Regards,
chenwj

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/old

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtual Machine Extension Instructions In QEMU
@ 2012-09-06  3:50   ` Alexander Graf
From: Alexander Graf @ 2012-09-06  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen); +Cc: qemu-devel, Xin Tong

On 05.09.2012, at 22:51, 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen) wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:00:01AM -0700, Xin Tong wrote:
>> I would like to know how well is the Intel VMX and AMD SVM supported in QEMU ?
>
>  IIRC, AMD SVM has been supported in QEMU (but not complete). You can
> check target-i386/translate.c, and this is mentioned in changelog [1].
> Alex, can you confirm this? I am not sure how complete AMD SVM support
> in QEMU. :)

Yup, QEMU support partial SVM emulation. IIRC it was partially broken in event reinjection, but easy things should work.

Alex