* in what units is offset option?
@ 2017-06-27  7:25 Konstantin Ruvinsky
From: Konstantin Ruvinsky @ 2017-06-27  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

Hi,

To be sure: in what units is the offset option -  In bytes, in block
sizes or in units of block size?

Thank you

Konstantin

* Re: in what units is offset option?
@ 2017-06-27  8:28 ` Tomohiro Kusumi
       [not found]   ` <CALKvLUkmy93Tcoe58V5Sufb-Dmv=WhSns9TTzBZekDinoGtyGQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Tomohiro Kusumi @ 2017-06-27  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ruvinsky; +Cc: fio

bytes or percentage.

(I think it needs explanation on how to specify in percentage unless
already mentioned in howto)

> To be sure: in what units is the offset option -  In bytes, in block
> sizes or in units of block size?
>

> Thank you
>
> Konstantin

* Fwd: in what units is offset option?
       [not found]   ` <CALKvLUkmy93Tcoe58V5Sufb-Dmv=WhSns9TTzBZekDinoGtyGQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-06-27  8:53     ` Konstantin Ruvinsky
From: Konstantin Ruvinsky @ 2017-06-27  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomohiro Kusumi, fio

Thank you! Can you please add the explanation about percentage and
also about offset units in bytes to HOWTO? It is absent.

@ 2017-06-27 11:38       ` Sitsofe Wheeler
       [not found]         ` <CALKvLU=4nPfz2GidJYnOmOyXH1TooePrdnsPSvA5v+H4hOm+aA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Sitsofe Wheeler @ 2017-06-27 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ruvinsky; +Cc: Tomohiro Kusumi, fio

Konstantin,

Isn't that explanation there already:
http://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html#cmdoption-arg-offset
? Note that you need a recent fio (e.g. built from git) to get all the
latest features.

Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/

@ 2017-06-27 12:32           ` Konstantin Ruvinsky
From: Konstantin Ruvinsky @ 2017-06-27 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio, Sitsofe Wheeler

Hi Sitsofe,

I saw this explanation in HOWTO of
http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=blob;f=HOWTO;h=2007dc04422a07c50008f332a68788aff57e98ad;hb=HEAD.
But there is absent what Tomohiro answered: that offset is in bytes
and how to use it for percentage.

Thank you
Konstantin