* stack overflow tag for openbmc questions?
@ 2019-08-30  9:58 Andrew Geissler
From: Andrew Geissler @ 2019-08-30  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

As a community, we're getting more and more questions via
IRC, the mailing list, and openbmc github issues. Any thoughts
on creating a stack overflow tag to try and get a more searchable
and consistent location for questions (i.e. openbmc)?

Andrew

* Re: stack overflow tag for openbmc questions?
@ 2019-09-04  5:32 ` Lei YU
From: Lei YU @ 2019-09-04  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Geissler; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 2:59 AM Andrew Geissler <geissonator@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a community, we're getting more and more questions via
> IRC, the mailing list, and openbmc github issues. Any thoughts
> on creating a stack overflow tag to try and get a more searchable
> and consistent location for questions (i.e. openbmc)?
>
> Andrew

Done. Tag `openbmc` is created in StackOverflow :)
The wiki needs peer review though:
https://stackoverflow.com/review/suggested-edits/23960865

* Re: stack overflow tag for openbmc questions?
@ 2019-09-04 12:04   ` Andrew Geissler
From: Andrew Geissler @ 2019-09-04 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lei YU; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:33 AM Lei YU <mine260309@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 2:59 AM Andrew Geissler <geissonator@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > As a community, we're getting more and more questions via
> > IRC, the mailing list, and openbmc github issues. Any thoughts
> > on creating a stack overflow tag to try and get a more searchable
> > and consistent location for questions (i.e. openbmc)?
> >
> > Andrew
>
> Done. Tag `openbmc` is created in StackOverflow :)
> The wiki needs peer review though:
> https://stackoverflow.com/review/suggested-edits/23960865

Awesome, thanks Lei!

@ 2019-09-04 14:06     ` krtaylor
From: krtaylor @ 2019-09-04 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 9/4/19 7:04 AM, Andrew Geissler wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:33 AM Lei YU <mine260309@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 2:59 AM Andrew Geissler <geissonator@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> As a community, we're getting more and more questions via
>>> IRC, the mailing list, and openbmc github issues. Any thoughts
>>> on creating a stack overflow tag to try and get a more searchable
>>> and consistent location for questions (i.e. openbmc)?
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>
>> Done. Tag `openbmc` is created in StackOverflow :)
>> The wiki needs peer review though:
>> https://stackoverflow.com/review/suggested-edits/23960865

Just be careful about sharing code ideas or bug fixes there. The license
terms may be incompatible if that code wound up in our tree.

I see no problems with answering usage/build questions there.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

* Re: stack overflow tag for openbmc questions?
@ 2019-09-11 22:37       ` Brandon Wyman
From: Brandon Wyman @ 2019-09-11 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:07 AM krtaylor <kurt.r.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/4/19 7:04 AM, Andrew Geissler wrote:

> >> Done. Tag `openbmc` is created in StackOverflow :)
> >> The wiki needs peer review though:
> >> https://stackoverflow.com/review/suggested-edits/23960865
>
> Just be careful about sharing code ideas or bug fixes there. The license
> terms may be incompatible if that code wound up in our tree.
>
> I see no problems with answering usage/build questions there.
>
> Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

Curious what this link was, and what there was to review, I clicked on
it. It looks to be too generic, not helpful, rejected. So, I guess we
don't (yet) have something to worry about on copying code.

* Re: stack overflow tag for openbmc questions?
@ 2019-09-13 19:24         ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2019-09-13 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Wyman, OpenBMC Maillist

On 9/11/19 5:37 PM, Brandon Wyman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:07 AM krtaylor <kurt.r.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Just be careful about sharing code ideas or bug fixes there. The license
>> terms may be incompatible if that code wound up in our tree.
>>
>> I see no problems with answering usage/build questions there.
>>
>> Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)
>>

> Curious what this link was, and what there was to review, I clicked on
> it. It looks to be too generic, not helpful, rejected. So, I guess we
> don't (yet) have something to worry about on copying code.

Vote for my tag info!  Or edit to make it better! ~
https://stackoverflow.com/tags/openbmc/info

- Joseph