* RE: select() unblocks when no data to read()
@ 2019-05-08  1:53 Jeff Webb
From: Jeff Webb @ 2019-05-08  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

I am having trouble using select() to perform a timed wait on a UDD file descriptor to detect interrupts from a custom PCI card.  After some searching, I came across this thread from 2017 that describes my exact issue:

https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2017-July/037494.html

I am using x86-64 instead of ARM, but I am having the same trouble.  The original poster did a great job of describing the problem, so I won't repeat it.  If I use only read() without select(), things work as expected, but I need to implement a timeout.

It sounds like Philippe was going to look into the issue further.  Has any progress on this issue been made since the last post in this thread?

Thanks,

-Jeff Webb