* [Qemu-devel] Multiboot using -kernel and -initrd stopped working
@ 2013-07-20 19:36 Jens Nyberg
From: Jens Nyberg @ 2013-07-20 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi!

I develop my own operating system and I have been using this command to
start my operating system:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel fudge -initrd initrd.tar

I just recently upgraded the qemu package for arch linux and now this does
not seem to work anymore. I get this error message:

Error while fetching elf kernel from rom

So I checked out the latest version of qemu from git today and did a build
but it had the same result.

Now I havent made any changes to my kernel so I know I havent screwed
anything up in that regard. It is a normal 32 bit x86 multiboot compliant
kernel so it should work using these commands. I run qemu on a x86_64
machine.

I'd like to help sort this issue out. I will do my best to collect any data
you might be interested in. I will try to figure out what change made this
not work but it will take some time so if anyone has an idea what commit-id
it is please let me know.

Thanks

Jens