* build dependency cycles in openembedded
@ 2013-02-18  9:41 Johannes Schauer
From: Johannes Schauer @ 2013-02-18  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Dear list,

I am analyzing build dependency graphs for rpm and deb based binary
distributions. I gave a talk about my work on this years FOSDEM [1]. To improve
my work I was looking into Gentoo and Openembedded.

While build dependency cycles in Gentoo are easily taken care of by manually
compiling some source packages with different USE flags, how is this topic
handled in OpenEmbedded?

Searching the wiki, mailinglist and internet I was not able to find good
sources which explain how serious the problem of build dependency cycles in
OpenEmbedded is when bootstrapping a new target from nothing. I also did not
find how build dependency cycles are dealt with, should they occur.

Could you direct me to some resources which document the status and handling of
build dependency cycles in OpenEmbedded?

Thanks!

cheers, josch

[1] https://fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/debian_bootstrap/