* How to get started with contribution for GSOC'22
@ 2022-01-05 21:18 Aakarshit Agarwal
From: Aakarshit Agarwal @ 2022-01-05 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I am Aakarshit Agarwal, final year student pursuing B.Tech in computer
science with a specialization in DevOps from UPES Dehradun. I love the
topic and technologies you used for GSoC'21. I would love to contribute to
your organization for GSoC'22 and know more about it.

Can you please tell me how to get started?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Aakarshit Agarwal

* Re: How to get started with contribution for GSOC'22
@ 2022-01-06  9:37 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2022-01-06  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aakarshit Agarwal; +Cc: Stefan Hajnoczi, qemu-devel

Aakarshit Agarwal <agarwal.aakarshit13@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Sir/Ma'am,
>
> I am Aakarshit Agarwal, final year student pursuing B.Tech in computer science with a specialization in DevOps from UPES Dehradun. I
> love the topic and technologies you used for GSoC'21. I would love to contribute to your organization for GSoC'22 and know more about it.
>
> Can you please tell me how to get started?

We have a number of Bite Sized tasks in the bug tracker which are good
tasks to get familiar with the code base and code submission process:

  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues?scope=all&state=opened&label_name[]=Bite%20Sized

It's worth commenting on and assigning yourself to the bug to avoid
duplication or gather comments from other developers. We have a growing
amount of development documentation:

  https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/devel/index.html
  https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/devel/submitting-a-patch.html

To talk to developers and discuss potential project ideas please join
the IRC channel (or via https://matrix.to/#/#_oftc_#qemu:matrix.org).
There is also a qemu-gsoc channel specifically for GSoC related queries.

You can look over the previous GSoC pages to get ideas for projects or
come up with your own. It will be awhile before GSoC submissions open
but nothing stops you from getting familiar with the code and
development process before hand.

--
Alex Bennée