* fio.exe has stopped working
@ 2019-03-01  1:58 TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat
From: TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat @ 2019-03-01  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: fio

Hi,

I have installed FIO 3.12 on 4 desktop PCs - all running Windows 7 with different processors.
2 of them are running FIO without problem, but another 2 has this windows error

"fio.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
Available.
				Close program [button]"

 Has anyone run into this problem before? And if yes, what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

TK

* Re: fio.exe has stopped working
@ 2019-03-01  4:21 ` Sitsofe Wheeler
From: Sitsofe Wheeler @ 2019-03-01  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat; +Cc: fio

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 02:12, TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat <Tan.Tuan.Keat@wdc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed FIO 3.12 on 4 desktop PCs - all running Windows 7 with different processors.
> 2 of them are running FIO without problem, but another 2 has this windows error
>
> "fio.exe has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> Available.
>                                 Close program [button]"
>
>  Has anyone run into this problem before? And if yes, what is the solution?

Where are you grabbing the fio.exe binary from? Was it from
https://bluestop.org/fio/ ?

At a wild guess it could be the binary was built with instructions
some of your PCs don't support due to march=native... Does the binary
from https://ci.appveyor.com/project/axboe/fio/builds/20011071/job/54r8b1d6u8jpcth9/artifacts
work?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/

* RE: fio.exe has stopped working
@ 2019-03-01  7:42   ` TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat
From: TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat @ 2019-03-01  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sitsofe Wheeler; +Cc: fio

Hi Sitsofe,

Yes the original FIO ver 3.12 was downloaded from bluestop.
I uninstalled that version and reinstall with the link that you provided and problem resolved.

Thanks for your help!

TK

@ 2019-03-02  8:41     ` Sitsofe Wheeler
From: Sitsofe Wheeler @ 2019-03-02  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rebecca Cran; +Cc: TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat, fio

Hello Rebecca,

It sounds like an over specialized version of your Windows fio
binaries is being built. Could you check you're compiling them with
--disable-native or that Build march=native somehow reports no?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/

* Re: fio.exe has stopped working
@ 2019-03-03  1:36       ` Rebecca Cran
From: Rebecca Cran @ 2019-03-03  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sitsofe Wheeler; +Cc: TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat, fio

Hi Sitsofe, TK,

I was indeed building over-specialized versions: I wasn't using the
--disable-native flag.

I've just re-uploaded fio-3.13 binaries to https://bluestop.org/fio
which should work better.

--