* NCQ Priority Support and FIO
@ 2017-02-02 22:29 Brandon Schwartz
From: Brandon Schwartz @ 2017-02-02 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

Hi,

In the latest kernel 4.10 there has been support added for NCQ
Priority commands.  I can test this functionality by using the option
prioclass=1 as in the following FIO script (100% RR) and I can see
that the prio bit is set on the 8k RR commands, but not the 64k RR
(expected).

[global]
direct=1
filename=/dev/sdb
runtime=2m
ioengine=libaio
norandommap

[High-Prio-8kRR-q8]
prioclass=1
iodepth=8
rw=randread
bs=8k

[Low-Prio-64kRR-q8]
prioclass=0
iodepth=8
rw=randread
bs=64k

Would it be possible to add something in FIO that would give finer
control over the split of high priority commands to low priority?
Ideally I would like to be able to test something like:

60% RandomRead / 40% RandomWrite but of those reads, have 15% be high priority

Or is there a way to get this sort of priority testing done with
current FIO?

Regards,
Brandon