* best bet for WiFi Yocto experience?
@ 2014-08-25  2:26 Peter Tornel
From: Peter Tornel @ 2014-08-25  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Please provide a recommendation for a low cost, out of the box WiFi (802.11n) experience using Yocto.

AFAIK, Raspberry Pi doesn't come with WiFi built in.

I would like to spend less than $100 but could stretch it.

Pete

* Re: best bet for WiFi Yocto experience?
@ 2014-08-25 20:53 ` Rudolf Streif
From: Rudolf Streif @ 2014-08-25 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Tornel; +Cc: yocto

Hi Pete,

Please provide a recommendation for a low cost, out of the box WiFi
> (802.11n) experience using Yocto.
>
> Are you looking for a board that has WiFi on board? The Wandboard (
http://www.wandboard.org/) or the Cubietruck (
http://www.cubietruck.com/products/cubietruck-cubieboard3-cortex-a7-dual-core-2gb-ram-8gb-flash-with-wifi-bt-1)
have that for example.

> AFAIK, Raspberry Pi doesn't come with WiFi built in.
>
> Correct, but you could use a WiFi/BT USB dongle for a couple of bucks.

> I would like to spend less than $100 but could stretch it.
>
> Wandboard and Cubietruck are both less than $100.

Cheers,
:rjs

* Re: best bet for WiFi Yocto experience?
@ 2014-08-26  0:06   ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-08-26  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Streif; +Cc: yocto

May be this helps:

http://www.wandboard.org/

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Rudolf Streif <rstreif@linuxfoundation.org

@ 2014-08-26  0:27   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2014-08-26  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Streif; +Cc: yocto

On 14-08-25 13:53:01, Rudolf Streif wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>

> Please provide a recommendation for a low cost, out of the box WiFi
> > (802.11n) experience using Yocto.
> >
> > Are you looking for a board that has WiFi on board? The Wandboard (
> http://www.wandboard.org/) or the Cubietruck (
> http://www.cubietruck.com/products/cubietruck-cubieboard3-cortex-a7-dual-core-2gb-ram-8gb-flash-with-wifi-bt-1)
> have that for example.

a bit expensive but well supported in OE/YP universe
https://store.gumstix.com/index.php/products/526/

* Re: best bet for WiFi Yocto experience?
@ 2014-08-26 11:24     ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-08-26 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, Rudolf Streif