* can we stop packaging sysvinit scripts?
@ 2018-01-10 14:44 Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-01-10 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel, ceph-maintainers

We've had systemd unit files for several releases now and all major
distros are using systemd by default.  Can we stop packaging the sysvinit
scripts?

I realize that Debian allows you to switch init systems... do any users
actually do this?  Is it required that debs include the sysvinit scripts
or is there some glue that lets packages avoid maintaining sysvinit
scripts?

I ask because the init scripts are one of the few remainining bits that
use the ceph-conf utility, which I would like to deprecate (and eventually
remove).  It parses local config files but we are migrating this to the
mon.  We could make ceph-conf pull configs from the mon but I would
like to simplify if possible!

Thanks-
sage