* [Buildroot] How to switch off WiFi/BT on Raspberry Pi 3B from buildroot
@ 2017-01-05  9:35 Oscar Gomez Fuente
From: Oscar Gomez Fuente @ 2017-01-05  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to disable WiFi and BT in the raspberry pi 3 from
buildroot?

I would like to know if there is anyway to switch off the Hardware
associated with the WiFi and Bluetooth.

If I switch off the HW, I'm going to avoid EMC problems and I will get
a lower power consumption.

Obviously, If you don't load the driver associated with WiFi and
Bluetooth they are no going to work, but I need another better option.

Any suggestion?

Oscar Gomez Fuente

* [Buildroot] How to switch off WiFi/BT on Raspberry Pi 3B from buildroot
@ 2017-01-08 20:36 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2017-01-08 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi everyone,
 > Does anyone know how to disable WiFi and BT in the raspberry pi 3 from
 > buildroot?

 > I would like to know if there is anyway to switch off the Hardware
 > associated with the WiFi and Bluetooth.

 > If I switch off the HW, I'm going to avoid EMC problems and I will get
 > a lower power consumption.

 > Obviously, If you don't load the driver associated with WiFi and
 > Bluetooth they are no going to work, but I need another better option.

 > Any suggestion?

Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps you will have better luck on a
raspberrypi list/forum?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] How to switch off WiFi/BT on Raspberry Pi 3B from buildroot
@ 2017-01-09 10:22 ` Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2017-01-09 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 05/01/17 06:35, Oscar Gomez Fuente wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know how to disable WiFi and BT in the raspberry pi 3 from
> buildroot?
>
> I would like to know if there is anyway to switch off the Hardware
> associated with the WiFi and Bluetooth.
>
> If I switch off the HW, I'm going to avoid EMC problems and I will get
> a lower power consumption.
>
> Obviously, If you don't load the driver associated with WiFi and
> Bluetooth they are no going to work, but I need another better option.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Oscar Gomez Fuente

Hi.
rfkill is meant for that (think "airplane mode").
Regards.