* [Buildroot] Console warning using the package aircrack-ng
@ 2020-05-20 16:18 Oscar Gomez Fuente
From: Oscar Gomez Fuente @ 2020-05-20 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi everyone,

I am using a raspberry pi 3B with an usb WiFi dongle with the chipset rtl8192c.

I have buildroot 2020.02 with the package aircrack-ng (ver1.6). I am
using the USB dongle in monitor mode. When I execute this command:

# /usr/sbin/airodump-ng wlan0mon --output-format csv --write /tmp/wifi_results

I've got this warning:

Warning: Detected you are using a non-UNICODE terminal character encoding.

And it seems to be that airodump-ng doesn't work properly.

Does anyone know how to fix this warning?

Oscar Gomez Fuente

* [Buildroot] Console warning using the package aircrack-ng
@ 2020-05-20 17:09 ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2020-05-20 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Oscar,

On Wed, 20 May 2020 18:18:43 +0200, Oscar Gomez Fuente <oscargomezf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I am using a raspberry pi 3B with an usb WiFi dongle with the chipset rtl8192c.
>
> I have buildroot 2020.02 with the package aircrack-ng (ver1.6). I am
> using the USB dongle in monitor mode. When I execute this command:
>
> # /usr/sbin/airodump-ng wlan0mon --output-format csv --write /tmp/wifi_results
>
> I've got this warning:
>
> Warning: Detected you are using a non-UNICODE terminal character encoding.
>
> And it seems to be that airodump-ng doesn't work properly.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this warning?

Run your command with:

	LANG=en_US.utf8 /usr/sbin/airodump-ng wlan0mon ...

in case en_US.utf8 is enabled in your buildroot config, otherwise rebuild with:

	BR2_GENERATE_LOCALE="en_US"

Regards,
Peter

@ 2020-05-21  6:27   ` Oscar Gomez Fuente
From: Oscar Gomez Fuente @ 2020-05-21  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Perter,

> Run your command with:
>
>         LANG=en_US.utf8 /usr/sbin/airodump-ng wlan0mon ...
>
> in case en_US.utf8 is enabled in your buildroot config, otherwise rebuild with:
>
>         BR2_GENERATE_LOCALE="en_US"

Is there anyway to set this LANG variable automatically from
buildroot? I would like to avoid using LANG=en_US.utf8 everytime I
need to execute /usr/sbin/airodump-ng.

Oscar Gomez Fuente

* [Buildroot] Console warning using the package aircrack-ng
@ 2020-05-21  7:53     ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2020-05-21  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Oscar,

On Thu, 21 May 2020 08:27:36 +0200, Oscar Gomez Fuente <oscargomezf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Perter,
>
> > Run your command with:
> >
> >         LANG=en_US.utf8 /usr/sbin/airodump-ng wlan0mon ...
> >
> > in case en_US.utf8 is enabled in your buildroot config, otherwise rebuild with:
> >
> >         BR2_GENERATE_LOCALE="en_US"
>
> Is there anyway to set this LANG variable automatically from
> buildroot? I would like to avoid using LANG=en_US.utf8 everytime I
> need to execute /usr/sbin/airodump-ng.

For the installed system (and per login account):

	$  echo "export LANG=en_US.utf8" > ~/.profile

or /etc/profile for all accounts...

For the next build take a look at the BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY option ([1])...

Regards,
Peter

[1] http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#rootfs-custom

@ 2020-05-21  8:50       ` Oscar Gomez Fuente
From: Oscar Gomez Fuente @ 2020-05-21  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Peter,

> For the installed system (and per login account):
>
>         $  echo "export LANG=en_US.utf8" > ~/.profile
>
> or /etc/profile for all accounts...
>
> For the next build take a look at the BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY option ([1])...
>
> Regards,
> Peter
>
> [1] http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#rootfs-custom

Super easy, it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Oscar Gomez Fuente