* Correct scan file format?
@ 2013-09-11 12:49 Simon Liddicott
From: Simon Liddicott @ 2013-09-11 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

What form should T2 multiplexes take in the DVB scan files?

In the uk-CrystalPalace scan file
<http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git/blob/HEAD:/dvb-t/uk-CrystalPalace>
the PLP_ID and System_ID are included before the frequency but in
ro-Krasnador scan file
<http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git/blob/HEAD:/dvb-t/ru-Krasnodar>
the PLP_ID is included at the end of the line and it has no System_ID.

I don't have a T2 tuner to test. Is a PLP_ID required in the scan file
as in the UK we only have one?

I presume the System_ID has been included in the Crystal Palace file
because it was known by w_scan, but is it required for T2?

Thanks,

Simon.

* Re: Correct scan file format?
@ 2013-09-11 13:30 ` Manu Abraham
From: Manu Abraham @ 2013-09-11 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Liddicott; +Cc: linux-media

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Simon Liddicott <simon@liddicott.com> wrote:
> What form should T2 multiplexes take in the DVB scan files?
>
> In the uk-CrystalPalace scan file
> <http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git/blob/HEAD:/dvb-t/uk-CrystalPalace>
> the PLP_ID and System_ID are included before the frequency but in
> ro-Krasnador scan file
> <http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git/blob/HEAD:/dvb-t/ru-Krasnodar>
> the PLP_ID is included at the end of the line and it has no System_ID.

PLP_ID should be the very last entity to preserve compatibility.

> I don't have a T2 tuner to test. Is a PLP_ID required in the scan file
> as in the UK we only have one?

If you have only a single stream, it wouldn't make any difference if you
have a PLP_ID or not.

> I presume the System_ID has been included in the Crystal Palace file
> because it was known by w_scan, but is it required for T2?

System ID is used for decryption with Conditional Access. If you don't
need to use a CA module, then you can ignore it.

Regards,

Manu

* Re: Correct scan file format?
@ 2013-09-11 14:57   ` Simon Liddicott
From: Simon Liddicott @ 2013-09-11 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manu Abraham; +Cc: linux-media

Thanks Manu.

Before I prepare to patch the entire UK scan files can someone confirm
that the below is acceptable:

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Auto-generated from:
# <http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/guidance/tech-guidance/transmitter-frequency/>
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# location and provider: UK, Sutton Coldfield
# date (yyyy-mm-dd)    : 2013-09-11
#
[<plp_id>] [# comment]
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T       650000000  8MHz  2/3      NONE     QAM64   8k   1/32    NONE
         # PSB1
T       674000000  8MHz  2/3      NONE     QAM64   8k   1/32    NONE
         # PSB2
T2      626167000  8MHz  2/3      NONE     QAM256  32k  1/128   NONE
0         # PSB3
T       642000000  8MHz  3/4      NONE     QAM64   8k   1/32    NONE
         # COM4
T       666000000  8MHz  3/4      NONE     QAM64   8k   1/32    NONE
         # COM5
T       618167000  8MHz  3/4      NONE     QAM64   8k   1/32    NONE
         # COM6

Si.