* [dm-crypt] dm-integrity and bcache
@ 2019-05-20 21:34 Robby Nelson
From: Robby Nelson @ 2019-05-20 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-crypt

I was hoping to see if anyone had any experience with or warnings about
using mdadm raid 1 with dm-integrity as a backing device for a bcache
device. I apologize if this is a dumb question, I don't have a great
technical understanding of all these systems.

Cheers,
Robby

* Re: [dm-crypt] dm-integrity and bcache
@ 2019-05-21  6:27 ` Milan Broz
From: Milan Broz @ 2019-05-21  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robby Nelson, dm-crypt

On 20/05/2019 23:34, Robby Nelson wrote:
> I was hoping to see if anyone had any experience with or warnings
> about using mdadm raid 1 with dm-integrity as a backing device for a
> bcache device. I apologize if this is a dumb question, I don't have a
> great technical understanding of all these systems.

Hi,

in general, this combination should work (and several people try to use dm-integrity
as a backing device for MD raid), but I see some issues that dmintegrity
reveals in MD subsystem.

I am not sure about stability of bcache, this project had maintenance issues
in the past, I do not use it. There is also dm-cache (that is also somehow integrated
in LVM), that is at least maintained by the same group of people as dm-integrity :)

Anyway, I think a better list to ask is dm-devel@redhat-com, there are many people
that use similar various storage stack combinations.

I do not expect super-performance with dmintegrity it the stack (it will always slow
down operation). If you see any stability issues, please report them to the list above.

Thanks,
Milan

* Re: [dm-crypt] dm-integrity and bcache
@ 2019-05-21 15:48   ` Robby Nelson
From: Robby Nelson @ 2019-05-21 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-crypt