* ca0132 firmware files
@ 2018-08-06  1:41 Connor McAdams
From: Connor McAdams @ 2018-08-06  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel, Takashi Iwai

Hi!

I acquired permission from Creative Labs to distribute their firmware
in the same fashion as the current Chromebook firmware a month or two
ago, but the email had a disclaimer at the bottom saying I couldn't
forward or copy the email to anyone else. Anyways, after requesting
that the email be sent again without this, they have sent me the
following email:

>Dear Connor,
>
>Thank you for your reply.
>
>Based on your feedback, the updated linux driver is based on Chromebook project has been >accepted in the ALSA tree, which means that the code has been reviewed and approved by ALSA >maintainers. You may follow what has been done on Chromebook's project. The firmware must >remain in ALSA firmware tree and not subjected to GPL.
>
>If you require further assistance, please reply to this email and we will get back to you.
>

>Regards,
>Anthony

Now, I don't really know what to do with that. I feel as though
Creative probably has to initiate sending the firmware themselves, but
I'm not sure. Any information on the next step I should take would be
very helpful.

Thanks,
Connor.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-08-06  1:42 UTC | newest]