* need help to add local kernel to yocto build
@ 2015-02-01 14:28 Pavan Kumar B
From: Pavan Kumar B @ 2015-02-01 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am new to yocto and trying to create bsp for my wandboard-quad. As a
starting point I have followed the
http://wiki.wandboard.org/Getting_started_with_Yocto_on_Wandboard and
finally gave the command "bitbake core-image-minimal"

So far so good.., I can see the generated images at
/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/deploy/images/<myboard>/

Now I don't want build yocto with my own kernel instead of downloading from
repository. It was 3.0.35 base kernel with lot of modifications being done
to it. I have been working to acheive this since last week and was no
success to acheive this.

I have read yocto user manual and other stuff and came to know that I need
to set the SOURCE_MIRROR_URL in bit bake file. So I have tried to set the
following in the bit bake file located at $
/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/
linux-wandboard_3.0.35.bb

SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file://home/mykernel/"
INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1"
BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"

But it was not working.

Some one must have already tried to acheive this. Please let me know like
how do I set the path to my local kernel folder and with what name do I
need to store it. Modifying linux-wandboard_3.0.35.bb is sufficient or do I
need to modify any other files as well

Regards,
Pavan

* Re: need help to add local kernel to yocto build
@ 2015-02-02 13:43 ` peterengcomau001
From: peterengcomau001 @ 2015-02-02 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavan Kumar B, yocto

 try using SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///home/mykernel/" - three
'///' assuming that /home is in your root directoryLachlan

http://wiki.wandboard.org/Getting_started_with_Yocto_on_Wandboard [1]
[...]

 ---- Message sent via Adam Internet WebMail -
http://www.adam.com.au/

Links: