* Re: [OE-core] Distro name
       [not found] <Groupsio.1.QkZO.1593082325223977941.NSzh@lists.openembedded.org>
@ 2020-06-25 11:52 ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2020-06-25 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Vinadrao Joshi; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 11:52, Pankaj Vinadrao Joshi
<pankaj.vj@exaleapsemi.com> wrote:

> [Edited Message Follows]
>
> Hi,
> i have built image for raspberrypi4-64 using openembedded-core and i am trying to run some test specific to lkp but i am getting issue with the distro
> which is nodistro.0 but the test needs distro for it
>
> i am attaching the output of  os-realease
> ID=nodistro
> NAME="OpenEmbedded"
> VERSION="nodistro.0"
> VERSION_ID=nodistro.0
> PRETTY_NAME="OpenEmbedded nodistro.0"
>
> i am getting following error with respect to lkp
>
> ERROR: "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."
>
> detect_system distro=$_system_name_lowercase
> DISTRO=$distro export DISTRO
> [ -x $LKP_SRC/distro/installer/$distro ] || {     echo "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."     exit 1 }
>

> can somebody help me how i can add distro for raspberrypi??

If you're unsure what a distro is in the context of Yocto Project /
OpenEmbedded then I recommend you find one of the many tutorials
online and work through it. Also, his question is not specific to
openembedded-core, please use a more appropriate list like
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto for questions like this.

--
Paul Barker
Konsulko Group

* Re: Distro name
@ 2020-06-25 14:10   ` Pankaj  Vinadrao Joshi
From: Pankaj  Vinadrao Joshi @ 2020-06-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Thanks paul,thanks for suggestion sure i will definitely go through online tutorial but what i read from openemdedded document is , https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded-Core
Distro-less (DISTRO = "nodistro" and default values are used) what why i am bit confused about distro.In Yocto i found the distro as poky but in openembedded-core i am able to see distro name as nodistro.0,which is distro less a/c to doc.May be i  was not able post my query properly.

Thanks!

* Re: [OE-core] Distro name
@ 2020-06-25 16:12 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-06-25 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Vinadrao Joshi, openembedded-core

On 6/25/20 3:52 AM, Pankaj Vinadrao Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
> i have built image for raspberrypi4-64 using openembedded-core and i am
> trying to run some test specific to lkp but i am getting issue with the
> distro
> which is nodistro.0 but the test needs distro for it
>
> i am attaching the output of  os-realease
> *ID=nodistro*
> *NAME="OpenEmbedded"*
> *VERSION="nodistro.0"*
> *VERSION_ID=nodistro.0*
> *PRETTY_NAME="OpenEmbedded nodistro.0"
>
> *i am getting following error with respect to lkp
> [3:43 PM] Ankita Anil Kulkarni
> ERROR: "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."
> ​
> [3:43 PM] Ankita Anil Kulkarni
> detect_system distro=$_system_name_lowercase
> DISTRO=$distro export DISTRO
> [ -x $LKP_SRC/distro/installer/$distro ] || {     echo "Not a supported
> system, cannot install packages."     exit 1 }

Please look at what this installer script is doing, I am suspecting that
it has notion of common binary distributions which have package managers
you might be able to use rpm or deb backend

and ride on "nodistro" string to use the appropriate package manager.