* Linux Kernel Group Scheduling Feature of CFS
@ 2016-03-04  4:00 SUNITA
From: SUNITA @ 2016-03-04  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

Completely Fair Scheduler uses group Scheduling.  That is every
process gets an equal share of CPU time no matter how many threads are
there.

How to measure that CFS uses Group Scheduling Feature.  Which
performance tools like time, vmstat will help to prove this.

Regards,
Suniita

* Linux Kernel Group Scheduling Feature of CFS
@ 2016-03-21 16:42 ` SUNITA
From: SUNITA @ 2016-03-21 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,
I want to test the properties of CFS scheduler on a beaglebone.

I tested the number of voluntary and involuntary context switches that
occur while execution of a program.

How to test fairness, throughput, latency.
Hello,

Completely Fair Scheduler uses group Scheduling.  That is every
process gets an equal share of CPU time no matter how many threads are
there.

How to measure that CFS uses Group Scheduling Feature.  Which
performance tools like time, vmstat will help to prove this.

Regards,
Suniita
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Linux Kernel Group Scheduling Feature of CFS
@ 2016-03-21 16:53   ` Ruben Safir
From: Ruben Safir @ 2016-03-21 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On 03/21/2016 12:42 PM, SUNITA wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to test the properties of CFS scheduler on a beaglebone.

This is extremely documented and a subject of nearly every graduate
school and undergrad OS class and thesis.  I don't think your
understanding how it works and I suggest you research this FIRST and
reviewing the source code PRIOR to coming to the mailing list and
begging for help.

Also, make sure you search usenet archives.

Then if you have a specific question, you can frame a good question.

Good luck

Reuvain Safir

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!