From: Mathias Lafeldt <mathias.lafeldt@gmail.com>
To: git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Sharness - Test library derived from Git
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:06:45 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I've been wanting to announce Sharness [1] on this list for quite some
time now, but never managed to do so. With the release of version
0.2.4, I think it's about time to change that.

Sharness is a shell-based test harness library. It was derived from
the Git project and is basically a generalized and stripped-down
version of t/test-lib.sh (I basically removed all things specific to
Git). So when you know how to write tests for Git, it should be very
familiar.

I've been using Sharness to test my command-line applications [2] for
over a year now. It's especially useful when you're doing continuous
integration with a service like Travis CI [3].

Development of Sharness takes place at GitHub [4]. If you're
interested, there might be some things I could contribute back to Git,
e.g. the API documentation [5] I wrote in TomDoc format.

Looking forward to your feedback.

[1] http://mlafeldt.github.com/sharness
[2] https://github.com/mlafeldt/sharness#projects-using-sharness
[3] http://travis-ci.org/