* git-http-backend with hooks
@ 2012-05-26 14:11 Tajti Ákos
From: Tajti Ákos @ 2012-05-26 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

dear list,

we wrote a script that is basically a proxy before git-http-backend. All
git requests go through this and if some criteria is true then they're
passed to git-http-backend. We also have hooks in our repositories. The
problem is that in some cases we don't want the hooks to run. Is it
possible to somehow tell git-http-backend that the hooks shouldn't be run?

thanks in advance,
ákos tajti

* Re: git-http-backend with hooks
@ 2012-05-26 16:29 ` Sitaram Chamarty
From: Sitaram Chamarty @ 2012-05-26 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tajti Ákos; +Cc: git

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Tajti Ákos <akos.tajti@intland.com> wrote:
> dear list,
>
> we wrote a script that is basically a proxy before git-http-backend. All git
> requests go through this and if some criteria is true then they're passed to
> git-http-backend. We also have hooks in our repositories. The problem is
> that in some cases we don't want the hooks to run. Is it possible to somehow
> tell git-http-backend that the hooks shouldn't be run?

set an env var in your proxy (before it passes to git-http-backend)
then test for that in the hook code and exit