* Using bitbake with external SDK #zeus #toolchain #sdk
@ 2021-09-23 13:46 enrico.buffoli1994
From: enrico.buffoli1994 @ 2021-09-23 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

It has been 2 years that i'm using the yocto project to build the image for an embedded system on IMX8M.
Now the system basic image is done outside and i receive the SDK.
All the additional packages that i was installing with my yocto project are missing because i receive the standard os image.
Is there a way to use the SDK that i receive to build the additional packages with bitbake?

Best regards

* Re: [yocto] Using bitbake with external SDK #zeus #toolchain #sdk
@ 2021-09-23 17:56   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-23 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 6:46 AM <enrico.buffoli1994@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It has been 2 years that i'm using the yocto project to build the image for an embedded system on IMX8M.
> Now the system basic image is done outside and i receive the SDK.
> All the additional packages that i was installing with my yocto project are missing because i receive the standard os image.
> Is there a way to use the SDK that i receive to build the additional packages with bitbake?

if its eSDK then you can, with standard application SDK not so much.

> Best regards
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.
> View/Reply Online (#54808): https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/54808
> Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/85814142/1997914
> Mute #sdk:https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/mutehashtag/sdk
> Mute #zeus:https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/mutehashtag/zeus
> Mute #toolchain:https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/mutehashtag/toolchain
> Group Owner: yocto+owner@lists.yoctoproject.org
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

* Re: Using bitbake with external SDK #zeus #toolchain #sdk
@ 2021-09-24  7:00 ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2021-09-24  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello Enrico,
usually nowadays every honest hardware manufacturer provides all the sources of the BSP and the development system to their customers.
Try asking your supplier for them.
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas
Bergamo - Italia

* Re: Using bitbake with external SDK #zeus #toolchain #sdk
@ 2021-09-24  7:17     ` enrico.buffoli1994
From: enrico.buffoli1994 @ 2021-09-24  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

With the eSDK i've to use devtool right?

* Re: Using bitbake with external SDK #zeus #toolchain #sdk
@ 2021-09-24  7:22   ` enrico.buffoli1994
From: enrico.buffoli1994 @ 2021-09-24  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello Marco,

In your opinion isn't enough to ask for eSDK? for instance if i want to add Node-RED, it would be difficult to build with devtool? because i've seen that it doesn't resolve dependencies automatically.
Thanks.

* Re: Using bitbake with external SDK #zeus #toolchain #sdk
@ 2021-09-24  7:45     ` Marco Cavallini
From: Marco Cavallini @ 2021-09-24  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto