* Some Arch Linux build fixes
@ 2017-06-20 14:09 Anton Novikov
From: Anton Novikov @ 2017-06-20 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi, and all have a nice day.

My company contributes to OpenBMC project, whose code has an
'import-layers/yocto-poky'

git subtree. I'm trying to build it on Arch Linux, which is a rolling
release distribution, and

has pretty recent package versions, which triggers some bugs, which I'm
fixing.

Patrick, an OpenBMC maintainer, sent me here, as the code in this folder
seems to be

synchronized with Yocto code. So somebody, please look at
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/pull/1817

and comment on it here. I want to either re-contribute the changes to
Yocto, or just maintain arch-fixes

branch of github.com/an146/openbmc and have someone else to adapt the
fixes to Yocto.

Thanks,

Anton

* Re: Some Arch Linux build fixes
@ 2017-06-21  3:05 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-06-21  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Novikov; +Cc: yocto

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Anton Novikov <a.novikov@yadro.com> wrote:
> Hi, and all have a nice day.
>

> My company contributes to OpenBMC project, whose code has an
> 'import-layers/yocto-poky'
>
> git subtree. I'm trying to build it on Arch Linux, which is a rolling
> release distribution, and
>
> has pretty recent package versions, which triggers some bugs, which I'm
> fixing.
>

> Patrick, an OpenBMC maintainer, sent me here, as the code in this folder
> seems to be
>
> synchronized with Yocto code. So somebody, please look at
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/pull/1817

for review and inclusion in branches they are required. Please be aware
that rolling releases are hard to use for a time based release like Yocto
since over period of time things will change unless you keep using master
of yocto. I would suggest to consider this fact.

> and comment on it here. I want to either re-contribute the changes to Yocto,
> or just maintain arch-fixes
>
> branch of github.com/an146/openbmc and have someone else to adapt the fixes
> to Yocto.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Anton

* Re: [yocto] Some Arch Linux build fixes
@ 2017-06-21  7:04   ` Anton Novikov
From: Anton Novikov @ 2017-06-21  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hi all,

people at yocto@yoctoproject.org sent me here.

Please review my commits and apply them or provide me with help to

do it myself.

Thanks,

Anton

@ 2017-06-21  7:27     ` Nicolas Dechesne
From: Nicolas Dechesne @ 2017-06-21  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Novikov; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

hi,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Anton Novikov <a.novikov@yadro.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> people at yocto@yoctoproject.org sent me here.
>
> Please review my commits and apply them or provide me with help to
>
> do it myself.

Patches need to be sent to the mailing list as inline patch, we wont'
do review on github.

please have a look at

http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/How_to_submit_a_patch_to_OpenEmbedded