* [meta-zephyr] bitbake zephyr-helloworld configure failure
@ 2021-01-27  8:56 Peter Smith
From: Peter Smith @ 2021-01-27  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Using master branch

MACHINE=96b_nitrogen bitbake zephyr-helloworld creates a configure error
due to a failure for native python to import ruamel.

I fixed this temporarily by creating a python3-ruamel-yaml_%.bbappend that
includes the required BBEXTEND and adding python3-ruamel-yaml-native
to zephyr-kernel-common.inc.

I don't know (not enough experience) if this is actually a problem in the
meta-openembedded recipe or meta-zephyr?

Best Regards
Peter

* Re: [yocto] [meta-zephyr] bitbake zephyr-helloworld configure failure
@ 2021-01-28  5:48 ` Tim Orling
From: Tim Orling @ 2021-01-28  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Smith; +Cc: yocto

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:51 AM Peter Smith <salerio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using master branch
>
> MACHINE=96b_nitrogen bitbake zephyr-helloworld creates a configure error
> due to a failure for native python to import ruamel.
>
> I fixed this temporarily by creating a python3-ruamel-yaml_%.bbappend that
> includes the required BBEXTEND and adding python3-ruamel-yaml-native
> to zephyr-kernel-common.inc.
>
> I don't know (not enough experience) if this is actually a problem in the
> meta-openembedded recipe or meta-zephyr?

BBEXTEND = “native” is a perfectly fine patch to submit to meta-python. We
tend to only make those changes when needed (as in your use case) rather
than universally. Please submit a patch :)

@ 2021-02-02 10:29   ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2021-02-02 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Orling; +Cc: Peter Smith, yocto

I sent a patch to meta-oe yesterday: there was a missing dependency in
python3-kwalify and missing class extend in the ruamel recipe.

Ross

@ 2021-02-02 18:20     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-02-02 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

The mentioned patches are in master-next, please use it from there for
now until its applied to master which might be in couple of days.

@ 2021-02-03 16:57       ` Peter Smith
From: Peter Smith @ 2021-02-03 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)