* patchwork is up again
@ 2012-10-19 23:37 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2012-10-19 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi

If you dont use patchwork dont bother but if you do then it had some
hiccups which now has been fixed hopefully. So if you dont see your
latest patch on patchwork resend it.

Thanks
-Khem

* Re: patchwork is up again
@ 2012-10-20 11:45 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2012-10-20 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Friday 19 October 2012 16:37:19 Khem Raj wrote:
> If you dont use patchwork dont bother but if you do then it had some
> hiccups which now has been fixed hopefully. So if you dont see your
> latest patch on patchwork resend it.

I just sent my hddtemp patch for the third time and it still hasn't been
picked up by patchwork, so I'm afraid something is still not working properly.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: patchwork is up again
@ 2012-10-22 16:25   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2012-10-22 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Friday 19 October 2012 16:37:19 Khem Raj wrote:
>> If you dont use patchwork dont bother but if you do then it had some
>> hiccups which now has been fixed hopefully. So if you dont see your
>> latest patch on patchwork resend it.
>
> I just sent my hddtemp patch for the third time and it still hasn't been
> picked up by patchwork, so I'm afraid something is still not working properly.

we have always had issue with large patches. I dont know exact size but
pw did not parse large emails well. I wonder if your patch is large enough
to cross the bar.

@ 2012-10-23  8:59     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2012-10-23  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Monday 22 October 2012 09:25:45 Khem Raj wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Paul Eggleton
> <paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 19 October 2012 16:37:19 Khem Raj wrote:
> >> If you dont use patchwork dont bother but if you do then it had some
> >> hiccups which now has been fixed hopefully. So if you dont see your
> >> latest patch on patchwork resend it.
> >
> > I just sent my hddtemp patch for the third time and it still hasn't been
> > picked up by patchwork, so I'm afraid something is still not working
> > properly.
>
> we have always had issue with large patches. I dont know exact size but
> pw did not parse large emails well. I wonder if your patch is large enough
> to cross the bar.

I've just posted v2 of the patch which is less than half the size, still no
dice though.

However, one unusual thing about this patch (and the previous version) is that
git send-email did prompt me for an encoding, I used the default (UTF-8); even
the subject line is encoded. Maybe patchwork doesn't understand UTF-8 - could
that be the reason it's not being picked up?

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2012-10-23 14:01       ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2012-10-23 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 09:59:19AM +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Monday 22 October 2012 09:25:45 Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Paul Eggleton
> > <paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I just sent my hddtemp patch for the third time and it still hasn't been
> > > picked up by patchwork, so I'm afraid something is still not working
> > > properly.
> >
> > we have always had issue with large patches. I dont know exact size but
> > pw did not parse large emails well. I wonder if your patch is large enough
> > to cross the bar.
>
> I've just posted v2 of the patch which is less than half the size, still no
> dice though.
>
> However, one unusual thing about this patch (and the previous version) is that
> git send-email did prompt me for an encoding, I used the default (UTF-8); even
> the subject line is encoded. Maybe patchwork doesn't understand UTF-8 - could
> that be the reason it's not being picked up?

Well, if your patch got uuencoded or base64-encoded, I'd say patchwork might
choke on it...

--
Denys