* [meta-qt5] qdbuscpp2xml native Crash
@ 2017-07-11  6:42 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-07-11  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Müller, openembeded-devel

Hi Andreas

This patch was added by you.

https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase/0012-qdbuscpp2xml.pro-do-not-build-with-bootstrapped-depe.patch

This is actually causing qdbuscpp2xml  tool to segfault just on invocation
when I build using on arch linux host.

I tried to debug it, it seems it gets lost in translations.

What is status of this patch ? has this been accepted upstream ?

I also tried to apply two patches that were suggested on qt mailing list.

See, https://github.com/kraj/meta-qt5/commit/df4ca3897b3929f380623629bdfd935c335e49b1

while it gets me away with segfault, it ends up with more errors.

Ideas ?
-Khem

* Re: [meta-qt5] qdbuscpp2xml native Crash
@ 2017-07-11  7:22 ` Andreas Müller
From: Andreas Müller @ 2017-07-11  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembeded-devel

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> This patch was added by you.
>
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase/0012-qdbuscpp2xml.pro-do-not-build-with-bootstrapped-depe.patch
>
> This is actually causing qdbuscpp2xml  tool to segfault just on invocation
> when I build using on arch linux host.
Have you tried qdbuscpp2xml without this patch? Although it does not
solve your problem: I have Fedora 25 on my machines and qdbuscpp2xml
does not crash.

> I tried to debug it, it seems it gets lost in translations.
Maybe some dependency is missing on your machine?

> What is status of this patch ? has this been accepted upstream ?
This patch would not have a chance to be applied upstream.

> I also tried to apply two patches that were suggested on qt mailing list.
>
> See, https://github.com/kraj/meta-qt5/commit/df4ca3897b3929f380623629bdfd935c335e49b1
If I remember correct - I had tested at least the first patch during
discussion [1]

> while it gets me away with segfault, it ends up with more errors.
>
> Ideas ?
> -Khem
Hi Khem,

Will get into this further today evening.

[1] http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-February/028756.html

* Re: [meta-qt5] qdbuscpp2xml native Crash
@ 2017-07-11 15:58   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-07-11 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Müller; +Cc: openembeded-devel

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andreas
>>
>> This patch was added by you.
>>
>> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase/0012-qdbuscpp2xml.pro-do-not-build-with-bootstrapped-depe.patch
>>
>> This is actually causing qdbuscpp2xml  tool to segfault just on invocation
>> when I build using on arch linux host.
> Have you tried qdbuscpp2xml without this patch? Although it does not
> solve your problem: I have Fedora 25 on my machines and qdbuscpp2xml
> does not crash.

if I disable this patch then build goes through fine. I have qt5 5.9.x
installed on build machine as part of KDE desktop, I wonder if that
has some influence over native qt5 packages.

>> I tried to debug it, it seems it gets lost in translations.
> Maybe some dependency is missing on your machine?

Could be, but cant understand what that would be.

@ 2017-07-11 16:32     ` Andreas Müller
From: Andreas Müller @ 2017-07-11 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: openembeded-devel

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Andreas
>>>
>>> This patch was added by you.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase/0012-qdbuscpp2xml.pro-do-not-build-with-bootstrapped-depe.patch
>>>
>>> This is actually causing qdbuscpp2xml  tool to segfault just on invocation
>>> when I build using on arch linux host.
>> Have you tried qdbuscpp2xml without this patch? Although it does not
>> solve your problem: I have Fedora 25 on my machines and qdbuscpp2xml
>> does not crash.
>
> if I disable this patch then build goes through fine. I have qt5 5.9.x
> installed on build machine as part of KDE desktop, I wonder if that
> has some influence over native qt5 packages.
The more I think of this - yes: Building qdbuscpp2xml not bootstrapped
causes linking against host's libraries and makes build dependent on
the version installed on host. The only way out I see is to remove
this patch and hope a bootstrapped qdbuscpp2xml 5.9 works properly for
kde's baloo..

Andreas