* package inclusion
@ 2018-03-22  4:58 Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-22  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Can i install tensorflow and h5py (since they are not there as recipes)
using Internet on yocto? (just the way they are installed on ubuntu or
other host OS)

Thanks

* Re: package inclusion
@ 2018-03-22  9:13 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-03-22  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 9:58 PM, Rajath C S <rajathcs.1996@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can i install tensorflow and h5py (since they are not there as recipes)
> using Internet on yocto? (just the way they are installed on ubuntu or other
> host OS)

may be you can use on device SDK and build it natively on
your target

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES_append = " tools-sdk"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python coreutils findutils git zlib tar"

then checkout the sources on target and build it. You might need more
packages then keep adding them to IMAGE_INSTALL and rebuilding image

* Re: package inclusion and networking
@ 2018-03-22 17:53   ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-22 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: OE-core

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Can you help me setup WiFi connection to poky?
Im highly struggling with this, I have placed connman in local.conf file ,
what next is the procedure such that my poky on qemu can detect the WiFi?
Thanks

@ 2018-03-22 18:12     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-03-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

use core-image-sato and it has UI to connect to wifi

@ 2018-03-22 18:33       ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-22 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: OE-core

Yes I am using Sato only , but I'm not getting how to connect it to WiFi.
Like : I can notice a button on top right but how do i configure it?

@ 2015-10-16 16:17       ` Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama @ 2015-10-16 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

Hi Paul,

>> kernel-module-nls-utf8 (which goes into the image)
>> kernel-module-input (which does not make it to the image)
>>
>> and both appear in RRECOMENDS_packagegroup-base.
>
> You definitely have the kernel-module-input package created - right? Because
> it's an RRECOMMENDS, that package can actually not be produced by the kernel
> (i.e. because the corresponding config option is 'y' or 'n' instead of 'm').

You got it. The package is not created.

I should have checked that before.

Thanks for your help, BR

Carlos

--
-Debemos anhelar no sólo la verdad, sino también la virtud -sentenció
Pitágoras-. El conocimiento que se obtiene mediante oro, y no a través de un

Marcos Chicot, "El asesinato de Pitágoras" (2013)

* Re: Package inclusion
@ 2015-10-16  8:32     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-10-16  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama; +Cc: yocto

On Friday 16 October 2015 09:38:56 Carlos Sánchez de La Lama wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> >> I have some doubts on how package inclusion in images is determined. For
> >> example, when building core-image-base, I would say that both
> >>
> >> kernel-module-uvesafb
> >> kernel-module-input
> >>
> >> are recommended (through RRECOMENDS in packagegroup-base).
> >
> > I don't see a reference to kernel-module-uvesafb in packagegroup-base.
>
> You are right, my bad. I was examining several cases and I used the
> wrong one when writing the mail. I should have said
>
> kernel-module-nls-utf8 (which goes into the image)
> kernel-module-input (which does not make it to the image)
>
> and both appear in RRECOMENDS_packagegroup-base.
>
> > If you would like to analyse the package dependency tree for an image one
> > way
> > that works is to use buildhistory:
> I checked the buildhistory (nice report, BTW), and I see
>
> "packagegroup-base" -> "kernel-module-nls-utf8" [style=dotted];
>
> but not a trace of kernel-module-input. I do not understand why -input
> gets a differnt handling than -nls-utf8. My guess is it gets excluded
> somehow, but I have not found why/where.

You definitely have the kernel-module-input package created - right? Because
it's an RRECOMMENDS, that package can actually not be produced by the kernel
(i.e. because the corresponding config option is 'y' or 'n' instead of 'm').

Another much less likely possibility is that you have BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS set
to include kernel-module-input. bitbake -e | grep ^BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS will
tell you if that is the case.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Package inclusion
@ 2015-10-16  7:38   ` Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama @ 2015-10-16  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

Hi Paul,

>> I have some doubts on how package inclusion in images is determined. For
>> example, when building core-image-base, I would say that both
>>
>> kernel-module-uvesafb
>> kernel-module-input
>>
>> are recommended (through RRECOMENDS in packagegroup-base).
>
> I don't see a reference to kernel-module-uvesafb in packagegroup-base.

You are right, my bad. I was examining several cases and I used the
wrong one when writing the mail. I should have said

kernel-module-nls-utf8 (which goes into the image)
kernel-module-input (which does not make it to the image)

and both appear in RRECOMENDS_packagegroup-base.

> If you would like to analyse the package dependency tree for an image one way
> that works is to use buildhistory:

I checked the buildhistory (nice report, BTW), and I see

"packagegroup-base" -> "kernel-module-nls-utf8" [style=dotted];

but not a trace of kernel-module-input. I do not understand why -input
gets a differnt handling than -nls-utf8. My guess is it gets excluded
somehow, but I have not found why/where.

Thanks!

Carlos

--
'La vie est une longue chute, Marcus. Le plus important est de savoir tomber.'

Joël Dicker, "La Vérité sur l'affaire Harry Quebert" (2012)

* Re: Package inclusion
@ 2015-10-16  7:10 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-10-16  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama; +Cc: yocto

On Thursday 15 October 2015 18:03:13 Carlos Sánchez de La Lama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some doubts on how package inclusion in images is determined. For
> example, when building core-image-base, I would say that both
>
> kernel-module-uvesafb
> kernel-module-input
>
> are recommended (through RRECOMENDS in packagegroup-base).
>
> However, -uvesafb makes it to the final image, whereas -input does not.

I don't see a reference to kernel-module-uvesafb in packagegroup-base.

> I double-checked on the running system under QEMU *and* reading the
> image manifest at
> tmp/deploy/images/qemux86/core-image-base-qemux86.manifest
>
> I must be missing something. Can someone give me a pointer?

If you would like to analyse the package dependency tree for an image one way
that works is to use buildhistory:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#maintaining-build-output-quality

Among other things this will give you a .dot dependency graph file (for which
I can recommend xdot.py as a viewer).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Package inclusion
@ 2015-10-15 16:03 Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama @ 2015-10-15 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

I have some doubts on how package inclusion in images is determined. For
example, when building core-image-base, I would say that both

kernel-module-uvesafb
kernel-module-input

are recommended (through RRECOMENDS in packagegroup-base).

However, -uvesafb makes it to the final image, whereas -input does not.
I double-checked on the running system under QEMU *and* reading the
image manifest at
tmp/deploy/images/qemux86/core-image-base-qemux86.manifest

I must be missing something. Can someone give me a pointer?

Thanks a lot, BR

Carlos