* Patchwork upgrade tonight
@ 2016-06-30 23:03 Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-06-30 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel, Openembedded-core, Openembedded-devel, yocto

After 2 weeks of testing and some performance tuning we are going to
proceed with the Patchwork upgrade. Data entered into the current
version in the next few hours may need to be re-entered after the upgrade.

All features of the current Patchwork install work in the new version.
So while there are still issues surrounding detection of patch series
there are no known regressions. Series detection can be addressed after
the upgrade.

The rollback plan can be executed very quickly if needed.

Please reach out if you have concerns.

--
Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / SysAdmin

* Re: [oe] Patchwork upgrade tonight
@ 2016-06-30 23:11   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-06-30 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Michael Halstead
<mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> Please reach out if you have concerns.

Hi Mike

I have been playing with the new instance no issues so far. Send a
note when you bring down the system and again another when its all up.

* Re: Patchwork upgrade tonight
@ 2016-06-30 23:11   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-06-30 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel
  Cc: yocto, bitbake-devel, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Michael Halstead
<mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> Please reach out if you have concerns.

Hi Mike

I have been playing with the new instance no issues so far. Send a
note when you bring down the system and again another when its all up.

* Re: [oe] Patchwork upgrade tonight
  (?)
@ 2016-07-01  7:37   ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2016-07-01  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

The new patchwork is in place at https://patchwork.openembedded.org/.
The performance changes appear to be working well. Please e-mail if you
notice any problems.

On 06/30/2016 04:11 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Michael Halstead
> <mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> Please reach out if you have concerns.
>
> Hi Mike
>
> I have been playing with the new instance no issues so far. Send a
> note when you bring down the system and again another when its all up.

There should have been no down time. Both systems remain running and the
cut over was done with a DNS change.

--

@ 2016-07-01 14:18     ` Leonardo Sandoval
From: Leonardo Sandoval @ 2016-07-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead, openembedded-core

Perhaps it is worth mentioning that the new instance has a REST API, so
you can send requests directly or use the more friendly tool git-pw.

http://patchwork-freedesktop.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual.html#git-pw

With it, so can easily fetch, merge, etc. patch series coming from
patchwork.

@ 2016-07-01 14:44     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-07-01 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Halstead; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:37 AM, Michael Halstead
<mhalstead@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> The new patchwork is in place at https://patchwork.openembedded.org/.
> The performance changes appear to be working well. Please e-mail if you
> notice any problems.

Thanks for doing this. I think i would like to call for volunteers to
review and close OE-Core pending patches which have been merged. it
would be good to keep this list relevant like meta-openembedded is.