* Looking for AT24 maintainer
@ 2017-10-30 18:39 Wolfram Sang
From: Wolfram Sang @ 2017-10-30 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-i2c
  Cc: linux-kernel, Bartosz Golaszewski, Heiner Kallweit,
	Javier Martinez Canillas

quite obviously, I don't have the time anymore to maintain the AT24
driver. So, I am looking for someone to take over maintainership. It is
a driver with very few patches coming in. It is just that they piled up
a bit due to my inability to process them. I think it is a good driver
to start being a maintainer and I'd be there if questions arise.

I put some people on CC which were active on this driver somewhat
recently or people having substantial patches pending because I assume
they have an interest in this driver. But anyone who is interested and
has some experiences with the Kernel workflow is welcome to reply here,
so we can start discussing things.

If nobody wants, I'll just orphan it the next merge window, to make the
current status official :/

All the best,

   Wolfram

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Looking for AT24 maintainer
@ 2017-11-01  9:07 ` Bartosz Golaszewski
From: Bartosz Golaszewski @ 2017-11-01  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfram Sang
  Cc: linux-i2c, linux-kernel, Heiner Kallweit, Javier Martinez Canillas

> quite obviously, I don't have the time anymore to maintain the AT24
> driver. So, I am looking for someone to take over maintainership. It is
> a driver with very few patches coming in. It is just that they piled up
> a bit due to my inability to process them. I think it is a good driver
> to start being a maintainer and I'd be there if questions arise.
>
> I put some people on CC which were active on this driver somewhat
> recently or people having substantial patches pending because I assume
> they have an interest in this driver. But anyone who is interested and
> has some experiences with the Kernel workflow is welcome to reply here,
> so we can start discussing things.
>
> If nobody wants, I'll just orphan it the next merge window, to make the
> current status official :/

Hi Wolfram,

I have access to a couple compatible chips including some exotic ones
and I'm interested in this driver being actively maintained, so I can
give it a try.

Best regards,
Bartosz Golaszewski

* Re: Looking for AT24 maintainer
@ 2017-11-01 23:15   ` Wolfram Sang
From: Wolfram Sang @ 2017-11-01 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartosz Golaszewski
  Cc: linux-i2c, linux-kernel, Heiner Kallweit, Javier Martinez Canillas

Hi Bartosz,

> I have access to a couple compatible chips including some exotic ones
> and I'm interested in this driver being actively maintained, so I can
> give it a try.

Awesome! Thank you. I'll prepare a patch for MAINTAINERS in a minute.

As a last thing, I'll take care of this patch for 4.15:

" [v6] eeprom: at24: Add OF device ID table "

But after that, I'd hand things over to you. You can check i2c patchwork
for a list of pending patches:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-i2c/list/?series=&submitter=&state=&q=at24&archive=&delegate=

Thanks again and let me know if you have questions,

@ 2017-11-05 12:31     ` Bartosz Golaszewski
From: Bartosz Golaszewski @ 2017-11-05 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfram Sang
  Cc: linux-i2c, linux-kernel, Heiner Kallweit, Javier Martinez Canillas

> Hi Bartosz,
>
>> I have access to a couple compatible chips including some exotic ones
>> and I'm interested in this driver being actively maintained, so I can
>> give it a try.
>
> Awesome! Thank you. I'll prepare a patch for MAINTAINERS in a minute.
>
> As a last thing, I'll take care of this patch for 4.15:
>
> " [v6] eeprom: at24: Add OF device ID table "
>
> But after that, I'd hand things over to you. You can check i2c patchwork
> for a list of pending patches:

Sounds good, I'll start picking up patches after the next merge window.

Thanks,
Bartosz