* Fwd: options in reiser4
       [not found] <CAMRsyOdqkwPq_UGRVR0DyNrptrHtJmR2R-1ifGS-p+V+=GoOFQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-09-10 13:38 ` Mettavihari D
From: Mettavihari D @ 2016-09-10 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Reiserfs Devel

Greetings,

I have been using reiserfs for several years and I have been happy
with the Filesystem

One thing that has been very useful in the fs is
  -B | --badblocks file            store all bad blocks given in file on the fs

I today installed reiser4 to see how the new reiser4 was, however I did not find
  -B | --badblocks file            store all bad blocks given in file on the fs

This is what -h give me
Usage: mkfs.reiser4 [ options ] FILE1 FILE2 ... [ size[K|M|G] ]
Mkfs options:
  -s, --lost-found              forces mkfs to create lost+found
                                directory.
  -b, --block-size N            block size, 4096 by default, other
                                are not supported at the moment.
  -U, --uuid UUID               universally unique identifier.
  -L, --label LABEL             volume label lets to mount
                                filesystem by its label.
Plugins options:
  -p, --print-profile           prints the plugin profile.
  -l, --print-plugins           prints all known plugins.
  -o, --override TYPE=PLUGIN    overrides the default plugin of the type
                                "TYPE" by the plugin "PLUGIN" in the
                                profile.
Common options:
  -?, -h, --help                prints program usage.
  -V, --version                 prints current version.
  -y, --yes                     assumes an answer 'yes' to all questions.
  -f, --force                   makes mkfs to use whole disk, not
                                block device or mounted partition.
root@edu-SVE1713C5E:/root#

Please let me know if this option is available or not in the new version.

with metta
Mettavihari

* Re: Fwd: options in reiser4
@ 2016-09-10 14:33   ` Edward Shishkin
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2016-09-10 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mettavihari D, Linux Reiserfs Devel

Hello.

Badblocks are unsupported in Reiser4 (as well as resizing the volume).

Thanks,
Edward.

On 09/10/2016 03:38 PM, Mettavihari D wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have been using reiserfs for several years and I have been happy
> with the Filesystem
>
> One thing that has been very useful in the fs is
>    -B | --badblocks file            store all bad blocks given in file on the fs
>
> I today installed reiser4 to see how the new reiser4 was, however I did not find
>    -B | --badblocks file            store all bad blocks given in file on the fs
>
> This is what -h give me
> Usage: mkfs.reiser4 [ options ] FILE1 FILE2 ... [ size[K|M|G] ]
> Mkfs options:
>    -s, --lost-found              forces mkfs to create lost+found
>                                  directory.
>    -b, --block-size N            block size, 4096 by default, other
>                                  are not supported at the moment.
>    -U, --uuid UUID               universally unique identifier.
>    -L, --label LABEL             volume label lets to mount
>                                  filesystem by its label.
> Plugins options:
>    -p, --print-profile           prints the plugin profile.
>    -l, --print-plugins           prints all known plugins.
>    -o, --override TYPE=PLUGIN    overrides the default plugin of the type
>                                  "TYPE" by the plugin "PLUGIN" in the
>                                  profile.
> Common options:
>    -?, -h, --help                prints program usage.
>    -V, --version                 prints current version.
>    -y, --yes                     assumes an answer 'yes' to all questions.
>    -f, --force                   makes mkfs to use whole disk, not
>                                  block device or mounted partition.
> root@edu-SVE1713C5E:/root#
>
> Please let me know if this option is available or not in the new version.
>
> with metta
> Mettavihari

* Re: Fwd: options in reiser4
@ 2016-09-10 16:14     ` Mettavihari D
From: Mettavihari D @ 2016-09-10 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Shishkin; +Cc: Linux Reiserfs Devel

Greetings

Thank you for the information

> Badblocks are unsupported in Reiser4 (as well as resizing the volume).

Any reason that Badblocks in not supported ?

with metta
Mettavihari

Streaming video from http://learntv.lk

* Re: Fwd: options in reiser4
@ 2016-09-25  6:07       ` Christian Kujau
From: Christian Kujau @ 2016-09-25  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mettavihari D; +Cc: Edward Shishkin, Linux Reiserfs Devel

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016, Mettavihari D wrote:
> > Badblocks are unsupported in Reiser4 (as well as resizing the volume).
>
> Any reason that Badblocks in not supported ?

Probably for the same reason it's not supported for other filesystems as
well:

 > Re: "badblocks" for XFS?
 > http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2002-05/msg01480.html

HTH,