* [Bridge] Bridge created on centos6.4 running as a virtual machine over vmware does not work
@ 2015-06-09 23:18 Fahd Abbasi
From: Fahd Abbasi @ 2015-06-09 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

Hello,

I have centos running as a virtual machine using vmware on top of Windows 7.

Created a bridge which is up and learns the end Devices mac addresses as
well.

However ping does not work.

Any ideas what can be the issue or any config guide for such a scenario?

Thanks,
Fahd.

* Re: [Bridge] Bridge created on centos6.4 running as a virtual machine over vmware does not work
@ 2015-06-14 17:49 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2015-06-14 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fahd Abbasi; +Cc: bridge

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 23:18:46 +0000
Fahd Abbasi <fahd.abbasi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have centos running as a virtual machine using vmware on top of Windows 7.
>
> Created a bridge which is up and learns the end Devices mac addresses as
> well.
>
> However ping does not work.
>
> Any ideas what can be the issue or any config guide for such a scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> Fahd.

VMware switch does not allow guests to go into promicious mode.

* Re: [Bridge] Bridge created on centos6.4 running as a virtual machine over vmware does not work
@ 2015-06-16 18:15   ` Fahd Abbasi
From: Fahd Abbasi @ 2015-06-16 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: bridge