* Turn on net_dbg_ratelimited() diagnostics in linux-5.10.67 ?
@ 2021-09-28 22:00 Templin (US), Fred L
From: Templin (US), Fred L @ 2021-09-28 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi, it has been a while since I have delved into linux kernel networking internals,
and it appears that diagnostics-generation code has been significantly cleaned up
over the years since I last checked. I am working in linux-5.10.67, and I see that
network diagnostics are now generated by calls to "net_dbg_ratelimited()" but
that these seem to be disabled by default.

How can I turn on net_dbg_ratelimited() diagnostics, and once enabled where
do I go to see the diagnostics output?

Thanks - Fred

* Re: Turn on net_dbg_ratelimited() diagnostics in linux-5.10.67 ?
@ 2021-09-29  5:29 ` Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2021-09-29  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Templin (US), Fred L; +Cc: netdev

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 3:07 PM Templin (US), Fred L
<Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> wrote:

> Hi, it has been a while since I have delved into linux kernel networking internals,
> and it appears that diagnostics-generation code has been significantly cleaned up
> over the years since I last checked. I am working in linux-5.10.67, and I see that
> network diagnostics are now generated by calls to "net_dbg_ratelimited()" but
> that these seem to be disabled by default.
>
> How can I turn on net_dbg_ratelimited() diagnostics, and once enabled where
> do I go to see the diagnostics output?

Please look at how to use dynamic debug:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.0/admin-guide/dynamic-debug-howto.html

Thanks.