* submodule update --init --recursive doesn`t work git 1.7.10
@ 2012-06-12  8:07 Piotr Pientka
From: Piotr Pientka @ 2012-06-12  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

When I have nested submodules, after Add new nested submodule and make
"submodule update --init --recursive", I have failed while cloning
nested modules.
It looks like is a problem with path to .git

But when I add new submodule and make "submodule update --init" on
each nested module, it works , but I must do it manually

It only happends on git 1.7.10. On git 1.7.4 it works fine.

* Re: submodule update --init --recursive doesn`t work git 1.7.10
@ 2012-06-12 16:49 ` Heiko Voigt
From: Heiko Voigt @ 2012-06-12 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piotr Pientka; +Cc: git

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:07:02AM +0200, Piotr Pientka wrote:
> When I have nested submodules, after Add new nested submodule and make
> "submodule update --init --recursive", I have failed while cloning
> nested modules.
> It looks like is a problem with path to .git
>
> But when I add new submodule and make "submodule update --init" on
> each nested module, it works , but I must do it manually
>
> It only happends on git 1.7.10. On git 1.7.4 it works fine.

This description is missing some information. Might this be the same
issue with relative superproject origin urls these patches

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/199314

are trying to address?

Could you provide a script that illustrates what you are seeing?

Cheers Heiko