* Re: [yocto] yocto preempt-rt
       [not found] <MADEUP.16B3C74F343D36F7.18236@lists.yoctoproject.org>
@ 2021-11-02 16:25 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2021-11-02 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steven.monsees; +Cc: yocto

Correct.

The rt patches are already integrated on the branches that that recipe will
build out of the linux-yocto repository.

Bruce

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 12:23 PM Monsees, Steven C (US) via
lists.yoctoproject.org <steven.monsees=baesystems.com@lists.yoctoproject.org>
wrote:

> Is it true that no patch work is required if out under
>
> …/poky/meta/recipes-kernel, there exists  a yocto-linux-rt_##.##.bb recipe
> that matches your kernel release?, and that it will build the full
> preemptive RT Kernel ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Steve

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II

* Re: [yocto] yocto preempt-rt
@ 2021-11-02 16:34   ` Leon Woestenberg
From: Leon Woestenberg @ 2021-11-02 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: steven.monsees, yocto

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct.
>
> The rt patches are already integrated on the branches that that recipe will build out of the linux-yocto repository.

And adding to that, besides the Yocto maintained kernel,  meta-intel
has it's own kernel GIT repo/branch for the kernel and -rt kernel
maintained by Intel.

(There might be some overlap in the maintainers, I am not aware of the
differences between those.).

I used the latter with success on Intel Atom 3950 for hard real-time purposes.

Regards,

Leon.

* Re: [yocto] yocto preempt-rt
@ 2021-11-02 16:53     ` Mittal, Anuj
From: Mittal, Anuj @ 2021-11-02 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.ashfield, leon; +Cc: steven.monsees, yocto

On Tue, 2021-11-02 at 17:34 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM Bruce Ashfield
> <bruce.ashfield@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Correct.
> >
> > The rt patches are already integrated on the branches that that
> > recipe will build out of the linux-yocto repository.
> >
> And adding to that, besides the Yocto maintained kernel,  meta-intel
> has it's own kernel GIT repo/branch for the kernel and -rt kernel
> maintained by Intel.

Right, you can either build linux-yocto-rt or the Intel version with
linux-intel-rt. linux-intel tree might have some platform specific
patches that have either been backported or not upstreamed yet.

The branch & version information is available in the recipe.

Thanks,

Anuj