* [Buildroot] Getting Kconfig menu right
@ 2011-07-27 21:30 Avishay Orpaz
From: Avishay Orpaz @ 2011-07-27 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi
I'm trying to add python-fuse to buildroot. I have the makefile working, but
there is only one little problem left. I would like the option for
python-fuse to show up as a sub-item of libfuse, only when libfuse is
checked. It should be similar, for example, to lua - when selected, some
relevant sub-options appear as sub-items in the xconfig menu. I looked very
closely on the lua Config.in, but found nothing that tells Kconfig to show
all the options as a sub-items.
How can I do this?

Thanks,
Avishay
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Getting Kconfig menu right
@ 2011-07-27 21:46 ` ANDY KENNEDY
From: ANDY KENNEDY @ 2011-07-27 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

> Hi
> I'm trying to add python-fuse to buildroot. I have the makefile
> working, but there is only one little problem left. I would like
> the option for python-fuse to show up as a sub-item of libfuse,
> only when libfuse is checked. It should be similar, for example, to
> lua - when selected, some relevant sub-options appear as sub-items
> in the xconfig menu. I looked very closely on the lua Config.in,
> but found nothing that tells Kconfig to show all the options as a
> sub-items.
> How can I do this?

depends on BR2_<lib fuse pkg name>

OR

if BR2_<lib fuse pkg name>

endif

Must be done in the same Config.in as the lib fuse, however.

Andy

* [Buildroot] Getting Kconfig menu right
@ 2011-07-27 21:50   ` Avishay Orpaz
From: Avishay Orpaz @ 2011-07-27 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

That's exactly what I did, but the item shows up below libfuse, not as its
child.

@ 2011-07-28  6:48 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2011-07-28  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Le Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:30:22 +0300,
Avishay Orpaz <avishorp@gmail.com> a ?crit :

> I'm trying to add python-fuse to buildroot. I have the makefile
> working, but there is only one little problem left. I would like the
> option for python-fuse to show up as a sub-item of libfuse, only when
> libfuse is checked. It should be similar, for example, to lua - when
> selected, some relevant sub-options appear as sub-items in the
> xconfig menu. I looked very closely on the lua Config.in, but found
> nothing that tells Kconfig to show all the options as a sub-items.
> How can I do this?

If python-fuse is a separate package of libfuse, then there is no way
python-fuse can be a suboption of libfuse. You can only make
python-fuse not visible when libfuse is disabled and make it visible
when libfuse is visible. You'd need a package/python-fuse/Config.in
file that looks like this :

config BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_FUSE
	bool "python-fuse"
	depends on BR2_PACKAGE_LIBFUSE