* live migration
@ 2017-05-22 11:36 攀刘
From: 攀刘 @ 2017-05-22 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi All,

I am working on live migration for some images(migrate images from one
pool of one cluster, to a new pool in "another" cluster).

Do you have any experience or suggestion on how to do it?

Thanks
Pan

* Re: live migration
@ 2017-05-22 11:54 ` Peter Maloney
From: Peter Maloney @ 2017-05-22 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 攀刘, ceph-devel

On 05/22/17 13:36, 攀刘 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on live migration for some images(migrate images from one
> pool of one cluster, to a new pool in "another" cluster).
>
> Do you have any experience or suggestion on how to do it?
Proxmox VE can use the qemu feature "move_disk" to do this. If you are
also using qemu-kvm, you could also do that from the qemu monitor. It
lets you move a disk to another storage place (eg. from NFS to ceph
librbd and back which I tested) without restarting the VM.

> Thanks
> Pan

* Re: live migration
@ 2017-05-22 14:20 ` Alexandre DERUMIER
From: Alexandre DERUMIER @ 2017-05-22 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 攀刘; +Cc: ceph-devel

Alexandre Derumier
Ingénieur système et stockage

Manager Infrastructure

Fixe : +33 3 59 82 20 10

125 Avenue de la république
59110 La Madeleine
[ https://twitter.com/OdisoHosting ] [ https://twitter.com/mindbaz ] [ https://www.linkedin.com/company/odiso ] [ https://www.viadeo.com/fr/company/odiso ] [ https://www.facebook.com/monsiteestlent ]

[ https://www.monsiteestlent.com/ | MonSiteEstLent.com ] - Blog dédié à la webperformance et la gestion de pics de trafic

@ 2017-05-23  1:58   ` 攀刘
From: 攀刘 @ 2017-05-23  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maloney; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi Peter and All,

Thanks for reply.

But I am not using qemu-kvm, the use model is: there are many docker
containers built on top of nbds. Each nbd is mapped to an image by
using rbd-nbd map.

> On 05/22/17 13:36, 攀刘 wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am working on live migration for some images(migrate images from one
>> pool of one cluster, to a new pool in "another" cluster).
>>
>> Do you have any experience or suggestion on how to do it?
> Proxmox VE can use the qemu feature "move_disk" to do this. If you are
> also using qemu-kvm, you could also do that from the qemu monitor. It
> lets you move a disk to another storage place (eg. from NFS to ceph
> librbd and back which I tested) without restarting the VM.
>

>> Thanks
>> Pan
>> --

* Re: Live migration
@ 2014-01-23 22:16 ` Olaf Hering
From: Olaf Hering @ 2014-01-23 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Faizul Bari; +Cc: xen-devel

On Thu, Jan 23, Faizul Bari wrote:

> I am new to xen development. I am trying to add a feature to the live migration
> process. Instead of depending on the expected downtime and transfer rate, I
> want to be able to manually trigger the stop-copy phase of a live migration.
>
> I am totally lost in the code. Can someone please point me where I should start
> looking to implement this feature.

Have a look at this series of changes:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg02549.html

Olaf