* [Qemu-devel] cgroup blkio.weight is not working for qemu
@ 2016-01-20 10:03 Bob Chen
From: Bob Chen @ 2016-01-20 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi folks,

Could you enlighten me how to achieve proportional IO sharing by using
cgroup, instead of qemu's io-throttling?

My qemu config is like: -drive
file=$DISKFILe,if=none,format=qcow2,cache=none,aio=native -device
virtio-blk-pci...

Test command inside vm is like: dd if=/dev/vdc of=/dev/null iflag=direct

Cgroup blkio weight of the qemu process is properly configured as well.

But no matter how change the proportion, such as vm1=400 and vm2=100, I can
only get the equal IO speed.

Wondering cgroup blkio.weight or blkio.weight_device has no effect on qemu?

PS. cache=writethrough aio=threads is also tested, the same results.

- Bob