* Re: GSoC participant Pranjal Agrawal
       [not found] <1434908636.6039724.1494290728770.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
@ 2017-05-09  0:48 ` Ali Maredia
From: Ali Maredia @ 2017-05-09  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub, Orit Wasserman, Casey Bodley,
	Matt Benjamin, Ceph Development
  Cc: Forumulator V

Adding Ceph-devel. Pranjal will be working on the first steps toward decoupling the RGW from the rest of Ceph.

Welcome!

-Ali

From: Brad Hubbard @ 2017-05-09  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Maredia
  Cc: Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub, Orit Wasserman, Casey Bodley,
	Matt Benjamin, Ceph Development, Forumulator V

Welcome aboard Pranjal!

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Ali Maredia <amaredia@redhat.com> wrote:
> Adding Ceph-devel. Pranjal will be working on the first steps toward decoupling the RGW from the rest of Ceph.
>
> Welcome!
>
> -Ali

Cheers,
Brad

* Re: GSoC participant Pranjal Agrawal
@ 2017-05-11  9:48     ` Forumulator V
From: Forumulator V @ 2017-05-11  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Hubbard
  Cc: Ali Maredia, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub, Orit Wasserman, Casey Bodley,
	Matt Benjamin, Ceph Development

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was travelling. I'm really happy to
have been selected to work on the file backend,
and looking forward to it. Also excited to work with all of you.

My plan is basically to create a new backend first(first 1/2 of the
project), and then integrate it into RGW(2nd half)
via an abstraction replacing the RGW Rados class. For that, I'll need
to decouple the Ceph specific calls from
RGW ops, and since the task is pretty big, I'd like to get ahead in
the communit bonding period itself, making a list
of calls that I need to refactor and so forth.

For anyone who's interested, here's my GSoC proposal, in which I have
listed my entire plan so far:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sEzGJB7u5zBkpeY6WKKePKIqYfrsMHyG3t3l-0Sl6uQ/edit?usp=sharing

The main section of interest is the interface and implementation
section. Please feel free to comment with any
thoughts you might have.

I'll be asking all my questions here, once I'm actively doing the RGW
refactoring part itself.

Regards,
Pranjal