* Qemu PCIe aer error injection
@ 2021-08-27 10:38 Mayuresh Chitale
From: Mayuresh Chitale @ 2021-08-27 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-riscv, qemu-devel

I am working to add the PCIe root complex event collector support to Qemu.
I want to test the AER error injection by using the QMP shell. However I am
unable to use the pcie_aer_inject_error command on the QMP shell. I see
this error: "id or pci device path is invalid or device not found ".

I tried using the pcie device id in the bdf format but apparently that is
not the correct syntax. Help message shows that a qdev device id is
required but I am not sure how to find the qdev device id of a pcie device.

Also, while debugging, I see that qdev_find_recursive function which
compares the input device id with that of the devices on the bus fails. This
is because the dev->id against which the input device string is compared is
always null and it finally causes pci_qdev_find_device to fail.

I am using a Risc V Virt machine with the generic pcie host controller gpex
and two e1000e devices attached to the host bridge as root complex
integrated endpoints.

Any thoughts or comments would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Mayuresh.