* Re: 答复: 答复: 答复: another peering stuck caused by net problem.
       [not found]           ` <0C3F6DA3760D0C4691E69E5BE224FF495E175A2E@H3CMLB12-EX.srv.huawei-3com.com>
@ 2015-11-03  1:12             ` Samuel Just
From: Samuel Just @ 2015-11-03  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yangruifeng.09209; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

The problem is that peering shouldn't hang for no reason.  If you are
seeing peering hang for a long time either
1) you are hitting a peering bug which we need to track down and fix
2) peering actually cannot make progress.

In case 1, it can be nice to have a work around to force peering to
restart and avoid the bug.  However, case 2 would not be helped by
restarting peering, you'd just end up in the same place.  If you did
it based on a timeout, you'd just increase load by a ton when in that
situation.  What problem are you trying to solve?
-Sam

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM, yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com
<yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com> wrote:
> ok.
>
> thanks
> Ruifeng Yang

* 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: another peering stuck caused by net problem.
@ 2015-11-03  1:24               ` yangruifeng.09209
From: yangruifeng.09209 @ 2015-11-03  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Just; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

a unknown reason problem, which cause pg stuck in peering, may be a temporary failure network failure or other bug.
BUT it can be solved by *manual* 'ceph osd down <osdid>'

The problem is that peering shouldn't hang for no reason.  If you are seeing peering hang for a long time either
1) you are hitting a peering bug which we need to track down and fix
2) peering actually cannot make progress.

In case 1, it can be nice to have a work around to force peering to restart and avoid the bug.  However, case 2 would not be helped by restarting peering, you'd just end up in the same place.  If you did it based on a timeout, you'd just increase load by a ton when in that situation.  What problem are you trying to solve?
-Sam

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM, yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com <yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com> wrote:
> ok.
>
> thanks
> Ruifeng Yang

* Re: 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: another peering stuck caused by net problem.
@ 2015-11-03  1:28                 ` Samuel Just
From: Samuel Just @ 2015-11-03  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yangruifeng.09209; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

Temporary network failures should be handled correctly.  The best
solution is to actually fix that bug then.  Capture logging on all
involved osds while it is hung and open a bug:

debug osd = 20
debug filestore = 20
debug ms = 1
-Sam

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM, yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com
<yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com> wrote:
> a unknown reason problem, which cause pg stuck in peering, may be a temporary failure network failure or other bug.
> BUT it can be solved by *manual* 'ceph osd down <osdid>'

* 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: another peering stuck caused by net problem.
@ 2015-11-03  1:41                   ` yangruifeng.09209
From: yangruifeng.09209 @ 2015-11-03  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Just; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

I will try my best to get the detailed log.
In the current version, we can ensure the messages that are related to peering is correctly received by peers?

thanks
Ruifeng Yang.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:24 PM, yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com <yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com> wrote:
> a unknown reason problem, which cause pg stuck in peering, may be a temporary failure network failure or other bug.
> BUT it can be solved by *manual* 'ceph osd down <osdid>'

* Re: 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: another peering stuck caused by net problem.
@ 2015-11-03  2:14                     ` Samuel Just
From: Samuel Just @ 2015-11-03  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yangruifeng.09209; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

Yeah, there's a heartbeat system and the messenger is reliable delivery.
-Sam

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM, yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com

@ 2015-11-03  2:15                       ` Samuel Just
From: Samuel Just @ 2015-11-03  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yangruifeng.09209; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

Exactly what kernel are you using?
-Sam

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Samuel Just <sjust@redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, there's a heartbeat system and the messenger is reliable delivery.
> -Sam
>
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM, yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com
> <yangruifeng.09209@h3c.com> wrote:
>> I will try my best to get the detailed log.
>> In the current version, we can ensure the messages that are related to peering is correctly received by peers?
>>
>> thanks
>> Ruifeng Yang.

* 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: another peering stuck caused by net problem.
@ 2015-11-03  2:22                         ` yangruifeng.09209
From: yangruifeng.09209 @ 2015-11-03  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Just; +Cc: Chenxiaowei, Sage Weil (sweil@redhat.com), ceph-devel

root@ceph:~# uname -a
Linux ceph 3.16.0-44-generic #59~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 7 15:07:27 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@ceph:~# cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS \n \l

thanks
Ruifeng Yang.