* Re: Radeon rx 590 Fatboy on Linux still don't work
       [not found] <CANDnon=0S6yCCz17jUXKJ9eR_URpF2Mg9Rty4awmcDeKb0kF1w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-01-17 21:41 ` Alex Deucher
From: Alex Deucher @ 2020-01-17 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Bångens; +Cc: amd-gfx list

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:48 PM Martin Bångens <marbangens@gmail.com> wrote:

> I still have problems with my video card. I don't think this is about throttling beaus I only see the problem with specific games. Like all games after 2010 and most games after 2005. I don't know what information to give you developers. I have time to do anything just tell me if you need me to test something.
>
> when I play for example Balck Mesa Xen on steam after about 5-10 min xorg will crash and sometimes the Linux kernel too
>
> I have attached a picture show what the screen looks like and a dmesg log I recorded right after Xorg crashed

Looks like a GPU hang.  I'd suggest filing a bug
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues) and including your
full dmesg output and xorg log (if using X) and also what version of
mesa you are using.

Alex

@ 2020-01-17 22:00 ` Ernst Sjöstrand
From: Ernst Sjöstrand @ 2020-01-17 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could it be something platform related? "Socket 2011 for 2nd
Generation Core™ i7 Processors " is probably not very well tested
these days. It should work of course.

@ 2020-01-17 22:49   ` Martin Bångens
From: Martin Bångens @ 2020-01-17 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)