* question on poky and git interaction
@ 2012-01-13 17:27 Jim Abernathy
From: Jim Abernathy @ 2012-01-13 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project

under the poky directory you git checkout of the branch you want to work
with, then you clone meta-intel and within that directory you checkout a
branch.  if you needed to use git for you personal project, you can't
put it at the same meta-intel level, right? Only one per directory??? I
would guess that you'd need to create your personal git clone below
meta-intel; something like meta-jima.

Does this sound correct??

Jim A

* Re: question on poky and git interaction
@ 2012-01-16  9:27 ` Jack Mitchell
From: Jack Mitchell @ 2012-01-16  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 13/01/12 17:27, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> under the poky directory you git checkout of the branch you want to
> work with, then you clone meta-intel and within that directory you
> checkout a branch.  if you needed to use git for you personal project,
> you can't put it at the same meta-intel level, right? Only one per
> directory??? I would guess that you'd need to create your personal git
> clone below meta-intel; something like meta-jima.
>
> Does this sound correct??
>
> Jim A

Hi Jim,

This is indeed how I manage my extra package files and anything else
poky needs. Any other interesting input would be good to hear though!

Slightly off-topic, with meta-intel and then checking out branches to
get specific machines, do you do global work in master, machine specific
work in the branches, and then merge out from master to the branches to
keep them all in sync?

Cheers,
Jack.

* Re: question on poky and git interaction
@ 2012-01-16 11:09   ` James Abernathy
From: James Abernathy @ 2012-01-16 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Mitchell; +Cc: yocto