* [GIT PULL] arm64: dts: juno: Updates for v4.14
@ 2017-08-14 16:20 Sudeep Holla
From: Sudeep Holla @ 2017-08-14 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi ARM-SoC Team,

Please pull !

Regards,
Sudeep

The following changes since commit 5771a8c08880cdca3bfb4a3fc6d309d6bba20877:

  Linux v4.13-rc1 (2017-07-15 15:22:10 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sudeep.holla/linux.git
tags/juno-updates-4.14

for you to fetch changes up to 207b6e6b5c9c72ef96ac0da5e9b7c15d1df9f725:

  arm64: dts: juno: replace underscores with hyphen in device node names
(2017-08-02 11:32:14 +0100)

ARMv8 Vexpress/Juno DT updates for v4.14

1. Replaces old coresight ATB programmable replicator compatible with
   new and more generic one

2. Replaces incorrect usage of underscores for device node names in the
   device tree with hyphen

Sudeep Holla (1):
      arm64: dts: juno: replace underscores with hyphen in device node names

Suzuki K. Poulose (1):
      arm64: dts: juno: Use the new coresight replicator string

 arch/arm64/boot/dts/arm/foundation-v8.dtsi       |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/arm/juno-base.dtsi           | 14 +++++++-------
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/arm/rtsm_ve-motherboard.dtsi |  2 +-

* [GIT PULL] arm64: dts: juno: Updates for v4.14
@ 2017-08-16 21:46 ` Arnd Bergmann
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2017-08-16 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com> wrote:
> ARMv8 Vexpress/Juno DT updates for v4.14
>
> 1. Replaces old coresight ATB programmable replicator compatible with
>    new and more generic one
>
> 2. Replaces incorrect usage of underscores for device node names in the
>    device tree with hyphen

Pulled into next/dt64.

Regarding the change of the compatible string for the replicator, can you
confirm that nothing ever used the old string?

In doubt, it might be better to keep both strings present for
backward-compatibility.

       Arnd

* [GIT PULL] arm64: dts: juno: Updates for v4.14
@ 2017-08-17  9:14   ` Sudeep Holla
From: Sudeep Holla @ 2017-08-17  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

(+Suzuki,Mathieu)

Hi Arnd,

On 16/08/17 22:46, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com> wrote:
>> ARMv8 Vexpress/Juno DT updates for v4.14
>>
>> 1. Replaces old coresight ATB programmable replicator compatible with
>>    new and more generic one
>>
>> 2. Replaces incorrect usage of underscores for device node names in the
>>    device tree with hyphen
>
> Pulled into next/dt64.
>
> Regarding the change of the compatible string for the replicator, can you
> confirm that nothing ever used the old string?
>
> In doubt, it might be better to keep both strings present for
> backward-compatibility.

I think Rob agreed to remove the old binding on the basis that it was
never used. That's my understanding as per the thread[1]

Suzuki/Mathieu,

Please shout if my understand on this is wrong.

Sudeep

[1] http://marc.info/?l=devicetree&m=149727844025618&w=2

* [GIT PULL] arm64: dts: juno: Updates for v4.14
@ 2017-08-17 10:26     ` Suzuki K Poulose
From: Suzuki K Poulose @ 2017-08-17 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 17/08/17 10:14, Sudeep Holla wrote:
> (+Suzuki,Mathieu)
>
> Hi Arnd,
>
> On 16/08/17 22:46, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com> wrote:
>>> ARMv8 Vexpress/Juno DT updates for v4.14
>>>
>>> 1. Replaces old coresight ATB programmable replicator compatible with
>>>    new and more generic one
>>>
>>> 2. Replaces incorrect usage of underscores for device node names in the
>>>    device tree with hyphen
>>
>> Pulled into next/dt64.
>>
>> Regarding the change of the compatible string for the replicator, can you
>> confirm that nothing ever used the old string?
>>
>> In doubt, it might be better to keep both strings present for
>> backward-compatibility.
>>

> I think Rob agreed to remove the old binding on the basis that it was
> never used. That's my understanding as per the thread[1]
>
> Suzuki/Mathieu,
>
> Please shout if my understand on this is wrong.

Thats right. Coresight devices are probed via AMBA bus. So, as such the compatible
string is not used by the drivers and Rob suggested to remove the old one.

Cheers
Suzuki

* [GIT PULL] arm64: dts: juno: Updates for v4.14
@ 2017-08-17 14:29     ` Mathieu Poirier
From: Mathieu Poirier @ 2017-08-17 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 17 August 2017 at 03:14, Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com> wrote:
> (+Suzuki,Mathieu)
>
> Hi Arnd,
>
> On 16/08/17 22:46, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com> wrote:
>>> ARMv8 Vexpress/Juno DT updates for v4.14
>>>
>>> 1. Replaces old coresight ATB programmable replicator compatible with
>>>    new and more generic one
>>>
>>> 2. Replaces incorrect usage of underscores for device node names in the
>>>    device tree with hyphen
>>
>> Pulled into next/dt64.
>>
>> Regarding the change of the compatible string for the replicator, can you
>> confirm that nothing ever used the old string?
>>
>> In doubt, it might be better to keep both strings present for
>> backward-compatibility.
>>

> I think Rob agreed to remove the old binding on the basis that it was
> never used. That's my understanding as per the thread[1]
>
> Suzuki/Mathieu,
>
> Please shout if my understand on this is wrong.

You are correct.