* Question about user's key
@ 2017-01-20  3:52 Chen, Wei D
       [not found] ` <C5A0092C63E939488005F15F736A81125B261330-0J0gbvR4kTg/UvCtAeCM4rfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Chen, Wei D @ 2017-01-20  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel, Ceph-User

I have read through some documents about authentication and user management about ceph, everything works fine with me, I can create
a user and play with the keys and caps of that user. But I cannot find where those keys or capabilities stored, obviously, I can
export those info to a file but where are they if I don't export them out?

Looks like these information (keys and caps) of the user is stored in memory? but I still can list them out after rebooting my
machine. Or these info are persisted in some type of DB I didn't aware?

Can anyone help me out?

Best Regards,
Dave Chen

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Question about user's key
       [not found] ` <C5A0092C63E939488005F15F736A81125B261330-0J0gbvR4kTg/UvCtAeCM4rfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-01-20  7:35   ` Martin Palma
From: Martin Palma @ 2017-01-20  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph-User, Chen, Wei D, ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

They are stored on the monitore nodes.

Best,
Martin

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 at 04:53, Chen, Wei D <wei.d.chen-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have read through some documents about authentication and user
> management about ceph, everything works fine with me, I can create
>
> a user and play with the keys and caps of that user. But I cannot find
> where those keys or capabilities stored, obviously, I can
>
> export those info to a file but where are they if I don't export them out?
>

> Looks like these information (keys and caps) of the user is stored in
> memory? but I still can list them out after rebooting my
>
> machine. Or these info are persisted in some type of DB I didn't aware?
>

> Can anyone help me out?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Dave Chen

* RE: Question about user's key
@ 2017-01-20  7:55     ` Chen, Wei D
       [not found]       ` <C5A0092C63E939488005F15F736A81125B261403-0J0gbvR4kTg/UvCtAeCM4rfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Chen, Wei D @ 2017-01-20  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Palma, Ceph-User, ceph-devel

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response!
Could you pls tell me where it is on the monitor nodes? only in the memory or persisted in any files or DBs? Looks like it’s not just in memory but I cannot find where those value saved, thanks!

Best Regards,
Dave Chen

@ 2017-01-20 12:13         ` Martin Palma
From: Martin Palma @ 2017-01-20 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen, Wei D; +Cc: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Ceph-User

I don't know exactly where but I'm guessing in the database of the
monitor server which should be located at
"/var/lib/ceph/mon/<mon_hostname>".

Best,
Martin

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Chen, Wei D <wei.d.chen@intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for your response!
> Could you pls tell me where it is on the monitor nodes? only in the memory or persisted in any files or DBs? Looks like it’s not just in memory but I cannot find where those value saved, thanks!
>
> Best Regards,
> Dave Chen

* Re: Question about user's key
       [not found] ` <C5A0092C63E939488005F15F736A81125B261330-0J0gbvR4kTg/UvCtAeCM4rfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-01-20 13:53   ` Joao Eduardo Luis
From: Joao Eduardo Luis @ 2017-01-20 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen, Wei D, ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Ceph-User

On 01/20/2017 03:52 AM, Chen, Wei D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read through some documents about authentication and user management about ceph, everything works fine with me, I can create
> a user and play with the keys and caps of that user. But I cannot find where those keys or capabilities stored, obviously, I can
> export those info to a file but where are they if I don't export them out?
>
> Looks like these information (keys and caps) of the user is stored in memory? but I still can list them out after rebooting my
> machine. Or these info are persisted in some type of DB I didn't aware?
>
> Can anyone help me out?

Authentication keys and caps are kept by the monitor in its store,
either a leveldb or a rocksdb, in its data directory.

The monitor's data directory are, by default, in
/var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-X, with X being the monitor's id. The store is
within that directory, named `store.db`.

The store in not in human-readable format, but you can use
ceph-kvstore-tool to walk the keys if you want. Please note that, should
you want to do this, the monitor must be shutdown first.

   -Joao

* RE: Question about user's key
@ 2017-01-22  1:22     ` Chen, Wei D
From: Chen, Wei D @ 2017-01-22  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)