* dnf fail in do_rootfs cannot find shared library
@ 2019-01-22 16:59 Måns Zigher
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Måns Zigher @ 2019-01-22 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

I am struggling with a recipe which more or less just downloads binaries
and creating a package. We have previously been using ipkg but now we have
switched to rpm in our builds. One of the binaries in the packages is a
library let's call it libx_media_1.0.so. This library is part of the
package that the recipe is producing. The library is placed under
/usr/lib/. When building the image I am getting the following error

ERROR: base-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command
Error:
 Problem: package packagegroup-x-media-1.0-r11.noarch requires x_media, but
none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libx_media_1.0.so()(64bit) needed by
x_media-1.0-r44.imx8mq

ERROR: base-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs

Here is the output from running the command file on the library

usr/lib/libx_media_1.0.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, ARM aarch64,
version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped

I have also verified that the library is part of the produced rpm so that
is not the issue.

Dose anyone have any suggestion on how to debug this problem? Because I am
out of ideas

BR
Måns Zigher

* Re: dnf fail in do_rootfs cannot find shared library
@ 2019-06-23  8:46 Piotr Betlej
From: Piotr Betlej @ 2019-06-23  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto